Frustrations trying to gain experience

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Seems to be a universal problem in the cavern/cave community..Been diving for years [ just signed on to the 'board' ]..Started cavern diving to fill in winter gap in fossil hunting [Fl. west coast ] but can't find buddies to get enough dives [for my own comfort 'zone' ]to move on to caves...Understandably most of cavern/caves in N. Central Fl. won't allow solo diving...Use to cave dive in Ocala Nat'l forest when attending U of F. [ long time ago, no cert. needed then !! ]. Forgot how much I enjoyed it and want to get back into it !!!..

It should be a lot easier for you living in Florida. I see divers meeting up at the sites on a regular basis. I also try to introduce my students to each other so they have dive buddies. Every now and then I also host a dive day where divers can come out and meet potential buddies or I'll just go diving with someone. Also, you don't have to practice skills learned in cavern class in a cavern. I spent many hours in Arizona lakes working on my propulsion techniques, reeling, out of airs, and more.

I know how many of you feel...I'm a long time diver, grew up in Florida Keys, Adv'd, Nitrox, soon to be Adv'd Nitrox, recently Cavern cert'd and looking to get in as many cavern dives in N. Florida as possible so as to be comfortable w/equipment and dependable to other divers so I can move on to Cave cert....Retired so available most times and on short notice....Live on SE coast but fossil dive weekly [for many years now] off Venice on West coast....Hard to find cavern divers or cave divers willing to lower themselves to help us lowly cavern divers get experience :wink:....Pete

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom