Ft. Lauderdale Rebreather Diving Before DEMA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dr. Doug Ebersole

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I've got Alan Studley from Jetsam coming down to do my normoxic trimix CCR course on my Sport KISS the week before DEMA. We'll be going out with Avid Diver Charters out of Ft. Lauderdale. It's a six pack boat and we're planning on diving the Hydro Atlantic (max 172 fsw) and Tenneco Towers Deep (max 185 fsw) on Monday, November 6th. We're probably also going out Tuesday, November 7th, as well -- sites to be determined.

Any locals or anyone coming into Florida for DEMA are welcome to join us. As of right now we have four more spots to fill. Cost is $75 per trip.

If you are interested or have other questions PM me here or email me at debersole@pol.net.

Doug

You could save a few bucks here by just combining the two dives. They're only about 22 miles apart - just figure out if the current is north/south or the other way and go for it. Make that rebreather puppy earn its keep.

Tom:

I was relying on bad info as you picked up on. We're going to Hydro Atlantic Monday and then probably Tenneco with a different op (farther south) Tuesday. I knew I should have spent more time studying geography! :)

Doug

The Lady Go and Parrot Island sometimes do Tenneco, but that is one LONG boat ride down. And then you have to get back to the Hillsboro Inlet almost from the international border along the Miami-Dade country line. Makes for one long day. Better you're splitting dive ops.

Thanks! If we want to do Tenneco who would you recommend? I usually dive West Palm or the Keys and haven't done much diving in between.

debersole:
I've got Alan Studley from Jetsam coming down to do my normoxic trimix CCR course on my Sport KISS the week before DEMA. We'll be going out with Avid Diver Charters out of Ft. Lauderdale. It's a six pack boat and we're planning on diving the Hydro Atlantic (max 172 fsw) and Tenneco Towers Deep (max 185 fsw) on Monday, November 6th. We're probably also going out Tuesday, November 7th, as well -- sites to be determined.

Any locals or anyone coming into Florida for DEMA are welcome to join us. As of right now we have four more spots to fill. Cost is $75 per trip.

If you are interested or have other questions PM me here or email me at debersole@pol.net.

Doug

Hey Douglas, how about a report on how your class went, and what your expericance was, doing the normoxic tri-mix, the hydro, etc, we would love to hear it!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom