Fundies -- my bottom line

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TSandM:
Except I would think the task-focus I appear to communicate that I have would be associated with Western, work-related riding? I've never been a Western person.

In medicine, the ability to focus despite peripheral distractions is incredibly useful.

In diving, the tendency to focus to the point where you ignore peripheral distractions is dangerous.

Somehow, I need to learn how to switch between the two modes.

That's an interesting point, shifting between the 2 modes is involved in many activities. The more common I think is to work from the "big picture" but also to be ready to shift to get very focused for the lesser periods of time where that is required.

In flying you spend most of your time dealing with the overall environment, it's the same with alpine climbing, but with either when the sh#% hits the fan your life depends more on the shorter periods of time when total focus is required.

Actually I would think it's the same in medicine. I would think you would have to look at the overall picture to diagnose someone rather than to focus narrowly on symptoms but once you figure out what the problem is I would think that now you need to focus and ignore all the "noise".

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom