Fundraising for Cozumel people affected during Covid pandemic

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MMM

Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hello. Scubaboard mods move fund-raising threads started in various forums to one called "Good Causes and Solicitations". The Covid-19 pandemic has caused a number of well-intentioned people to start crowd-funding threads for their favourite dive op, or other charities helping people whose livelihood has been jeopardized. As per standard practice we've been moving those threads to the fundraising forum. The problem is that it's not well trafficked. So I recently proposed to the moderation team that we do something slightly different while the pandemic is disrupting tourism in Cozumel. Yes, this is just for the Cozumel forum and I think it can be justified due to the large amount of traffic is generates. We will still move the fund-raising threads to that fund-raising forum... But I am creating a thread for this forum that will be locked and stickied to the top of this forum for now. In it, I will add links to the various fund-raising posts located in that fund-raising forum about Cozumel. It will keep everything together in one place so that the forum isn't proliferated with fund-raising requests. I will un-stick it when the pandemic is over and people in Cozumel resume working. It will be locked to prevent debate or commentary about the fund-raising efforts...any comments will need to be made in the thread located in the Good Causes forum. Please drop me a note if you have posted in that forum and I'll post a link in this thread. I hope that this will be a suitable compromise for people trying to help their friends in Cozumel while balancing the desire to keep fund-raising posts out of regular board forums. Thank you. Marg, SB Senior Moderator

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom