Funniest Diving quotes you have heard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I like....you should always dive with a buddy...if you have an equipement problem buddy can help....if you run out of air buddy can help....if there is a shark attack your odds are now 50-50 instead of 100%

Also the shark can only eat one diver at time giving you time to beat fins outa there!

There are computers out there that have altitude sensors in them (for diving at altitude) that do not like to be powered up in an airplane. I had mine lock out both on the way to and from a dive location when I had to power it up to get past security. It didn't matter so much becuase it unlocked overnight and my first dive was not until the next day, but I did go to bed wondering if my computer would work the next day.
If your computer has "gauge mode" put it in gauge mode before packing it for a flight.

Whether you power it up or not, your dive computer is waking up and measuring the air pressure periodically. If you take it up in a plane, or over a mountain pass, etc. Your body is at a lower pressure than sealevel and will begin to off gas. Whatever the "highest" altitude you take your computer (and you) to becomes the new "baseline" for decompression calculations for the next 12 hours. This is not a defect. This is the way it's supposed to work.

Last edited:
I constantly have certified divers ask me how long they have to wait after flying to go diving.

I constantly have certified divers ask me how long they have to wait after flying to go diving.

You should ask them in return if they made sure when the pilot took off that they ascended within a common "safe ascent speed" of of 30 fpm :D.....if they could not guarantee it, tell them it would be best if they waited two days :thumb:

Might not be the best move for business but I think it would be fun :D

:lol:

On a dive charter on Monterey Bay; divemaster finishes briefing and says, "Anybody have any questions?" No replies. "Any questions at all?" From up forward," Do you have Avagadro's number? I wanted to call him but I can't find it."

DC

Why are several weeks worth of posts in this thread gone?

This is The Internet. Anything can happen and sometimes does. But don't believe everything you read on The Internet, that's how World War I got started, you know.

DC

This is The Internet. Anything can happen and sometimes does. But don't believe everything you read on The Internet, that's how World War I got started, you know.

DC

WWI was started by Internet posts?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom