fusion leak

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yankeestudent

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My fusion has a small leak,sent it to a whites dealer who tried 3 times to patch it and patch kit will not hold,he called whites tech assist and tried it their way and still no hold,what can i use other than the whites repair kit to fix this suit? Any help will be appreciated.Too cold to dive wet here .

I have patched both of my Fusion leaks with Gorilla tape. It holds fine.

Depending on how big the hole is I've had good success with just putting a drop of "Aquasure" directly on the spot.

I've also used bicycle innertube repair kits in the past and that's always worked for me too.

R..

Hello Yankeestudent, to help you figure this out I just need some info, first I need to know which dealer you are going through so that I can assist them as well on your suit, and any possible future suits, second, I need to know what type of patch they are using? Lets get this figured out and get you back into the water.
Doug,

Doug:

I certainly am laying no blame on the dealer since it was his first attempted patch on a fusion suit. In fact, I called him earlier this morning to thank him for his effort, his time and attempt were much appreciated. I will certainly deal directly with him again for future service/ purchases.

However, I have to question the training that White's provides for the dealer since the fusion does require a different patch kit.

In saying that, the dealer has called me after talking directly to service at Whites .. a patch kit is on its way to me via the shop free of charge. Thank you for your prompt service in this regard since they are on back order and I have had no luck in locating one.
This is the kind of service that steps beyond expectations .

Now if the patch kit is not delayed by weeks..I will be a happy dry diver once again.

White's is still my number one choice for dry diving. I am very happy with the fusion and look forward to a long and dry career with your product.

Kudos to both you and the dealer involved.

Thanks.

Rob, the material of the Fusion is peculiar, and a lot of things that work on trilam suits don't work on the Fusion (as Superior Drysuit Repair figured out, when they replaced my neck seal). Gorilla tape, however, does.

Whites markets a patch kit for the Fusion, but to my intense annoyance, NONE of the Seattle area Fusion dealers carries the patch kit. Thus the Gorilla tape.

Hey yankeestudent, glad to hear the patch kit is on the way, the sooner we can get you back in the water the better. Also TSandM the best thing I would recommend in place of the Gorilla tape would be to order a patch kit directly from your local dealer. They retail for $40.00 and would be more durable I would assume then the tape, having never tried it myself. Hope this helps a little, if you guys have any questions or concerns please do not hesitiate to give us a call.
Thanks Doug.

Rob, the material of the Fusion is peculiar, and a lot of things that work on trilam suits don't work on the Fusion (as Superior Drysuit Repair figured out, when they replaced my neck seal). Gorilla tape, however, does.

Whites markets a patch kit for the Fusion, but to my intense annoyance, NONE of the Seattle area Fusion dealers carries the patch kit. Thus the Gorilla tape.

My friend replaced his neck seal on fusion using PB300, so far it holds up well

Doug, the problem is that when I need a patch kit, I need it NOW, and of course, I never think of ordering one when I don't have a leak to solve (although the last time I went looking for one was before our Red Sea trip, which is how I know that no local dealer stocks them).

Since in 2+ years and about 350 dives, I've had two pinhole leaks in the suit, it's not like it's a common issue. And so far, the Gorilla tape has held just great.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom