fusion leak

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Structurally speaking, acetone is quite similar to MEK; both have one carbonyl carbon flanked by alkyl groups. Their respective dielectric constants and dipole moments are also very close. I'd be surprised if one would work and not the other. After all, you are just using it as a "cleaning" agent to prep the adherent surfaces. If Kern's Fusion starts disintegrating in the vicinity of his seals, then we'll know that acetone is bad for the drycore bilam. :wink:

MEK is quite cheap. I bought a 32 oz. can at Home Depot the other day for about $6.
FYI, any hardware store should carry it. Remember to take proper safety precautions when working with it.

I couldn't find a hardware over here that carried MEK. That's why I opted for the acetone. I think the alcohol swipes would probably work just as well.

Unfortunately I no longer have the core that I did the seals on. And as I had DRIS change out the seals for glue less seal replacement, and then removed the cuff & neck rings, there wouldn't even be any point in asking Whites to preserve the suit for scientific research.

Please be careful with MEK and Acetone around any heat source. MEK especially has a very low flash point. It also evaporates very quickly.

Also, only use MEK/Acetone in a VERY well ventilated area. Let the rag dry completely by hanging it outdoors before disposal or storage.

Okay, White's, I'm hoisting the :bs:

I just went back over all my stuff that came with my Fusion, and NOWHERE in any of it does it say to patch the inside of the suit!

:scorned:

Okay, White's, I'm hoisting the :bs:

I just went back over all my stuff that came with my Fusion, and NOWHERE in any of it does it say to patch the inside of the suit!

:scorned:

Patch the inside of your suit :D

Patch the inside of your suit :D

:chairfight:

PS - the instructions WORK on the inside of the suit. NOTHING sticks to the outside of the core!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom