Fusion questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Latex seals are somewhat delicate. They don't like ozone or any hydrocarbons, so they need to be kept away from heaters, big electrical items, and car exhaust (don't hang your suit in your garage!) Several sources recommend cleaning skin oil off the latex with a dilute detergent solution, although they differ in how often they say this should be done. Any fragrance or oil should be kept away from latex seals (so don't use skin lotion before you dive).

I've learned about everything there is said about maintenance of latex seals, but I still go through a neck seal every 50 dives or so.

So does that mean Baby Powder that is virtually 100% talc but contains fragrance should not be used as well?

All the best,
Geoff

So does that mean Baby Powder that is virtually 100% talc but contains fragrance should not be used as well

Yes. That's why people make the effort to buy the pure talc.

Another thing to be weary of is hair gel. Any petroleum based products will contaminate the latex.

James, alas, there are no whites dealers in Oz that I know about. As a consequence, my LDS for Whites products is in Illinois. I have however already organised with uncle Mike to make the swap. Oddly enough, this will probably be just as quick, if not quicker than dealing with any LDS/distributor I'v dealt with in Oz to date.

LOL....ahhhh good ol Uncle Mike :D Boots should be here shortly....

I thought I would add to this thread even though it is getting old. I have used seal savor for many years with good results. I will also use it the day of my dive instead of talc powder. I find the Seal Savor works better for me in keeping neck rash away and helps me slip into my seals with no problems. I also use it after diving when I clean and store my suit.

I have used an ice chest to store suits to keep them more air tight and away from hydrocarbons in a garage environment.

I just ordered a Fusion and look forward to diving with it. I damaged the zipper on my shell suit because someone placed a heavy box on my gear bag. Is there a special way to transport the Fusion when flying? Do you store your suit rolled up or hang it at all times between dives?

I transport my Fusion this way:

• Zip drysuit zipper closed.
  • Lay suit face down.
  • Roll suit from feet to neck.
  • Cross arms "behind" rolled up suit.

At home, or overnight on dive boat, hung up on a drysuit hanger.

All the best, James

I transport my Fusion this way:

• Zip drysuit zipper closed.
  • Lay suit face down.
  • Roll suit from feet to neck.
  • Cross arms "behind" rolled up suit.

At home, or overnight on dive boat, hung up on a drysuit hanger.

All the best, James

I do the same for transport.

At home though I lay it over the top of a bar in my basement so it is basically folded in half with the zipper open...

Phil

Back
Top Bottom