Future aka New Normal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks, which country does not belong here: China, Hongkong, South Korea, Indonesia, Taiwan, Vietnam, New Zealand, Japan, Australia?
Why would China, South Korea, Japan and/or Australia allow their citizens to go on holiday to Indonesia as long as the numbers go up 2 - 3% daily? And the guests would would be willing to be isolated 2 weeks after coming home again?

I believe this is what happen in HK:
The health certificate issued to those transport drivers between HK and china is only valid for 1 week. The driver would then need to take another test after that period at their own expenses.

I certainly has no desire to spend 2 wks at home after travelling aboard. Officially this is applicable until 18th Sept. Anything could happen between now and then.

HK and Thailand is reported to be negotiating a deal to allow travelling soon. Interesting!

Thanks, which country does not belong here: China, Hongkong, South Korea, Indonesia, Taiwan, Vietnam, New Zealand, Japan, Australia?
Why would China, South Korea, Japan and/or Australia allow their citizens to go on holiday to Indonesia as long as the numbers go up 2 - 3% daily? And the guests would would be willing to be isolated 2 weeks after coming home again?

I was surprised to see China on the list, especially now since they're having another outbreak that they are admitting.

Yes, you're right about the countries that most likely won't want to be letting their citizens go. However, they are free countries. If there's a way out ofthe country, it shouldn't be possible to stop them.

I'd do 2 weeks in quarantine to be able to dive parts of Indo again.

That said, I've been in self isolation here for almost 3 months already.

I was surprised to see China on the list, especially now since they're having another outbreak that they are admitting.

Yes, you're right about the countries that most likely won't want to be letting their citizens go. However, they are free countries. If there's a way out ofthe country, it shouldn't be possible to stop them.

I'd do 2 weeks in quarantine to be able to dive parts of Indo again.

That said, I've been in self isolation here for almost 3 months already.
The "outbreak" in China probably will be under control again. Australia officially does not allow their citicens to travel abroad before 16 September. I do not know if you consider China as a free country but they will find ways to prevent traveling. For many countries a negative advice from their goverment is enough not to go because their insurrance will not cover anything. Today I read that the Maldives open without any restrictions. Maybe for the rest of the world something to learn from. Anyway, you are very welcome. Tomorrow or anytime.

The "outbreak" in China probably will be under control again. Australia officially does not allow their citicens to travel abroad before 16 September. I do not know if you consider China as a free country but they will find ways to prevent traveling. For many countries a negative advice from their goverment is enough not to go because their insurrance will not cover anything. Today I read that the Maldives open without any restrictions. Maybe for the rest of the world something to learn from. Anyway, you are very welcome. Tomorrow or anytime.

Thank you!

As for China, no, I certainly don't consider them a free country.

Qantas has just cancelled my flights for October from Sydney to Bali and I have just asked for a refund of my deposit from Current Junkies. Sadly Komodo is going to have to wait. I bought a reef hook and everything! I think the idea of a Australia joining a travel bubble with Indonesia and China any time soon is a thought bubble.

We’re supposed to dive Komodo late October/early November. With your post and cases spiking in several states in the US that thought is quickly evaporating. I feel your pain!

Last night the Jakarta governor ordered all bars closed again...they had been open for a week or two. Places can remain open to serve food, but alcohol sales must stop beginning today, Friday the 19th.

Note this isn't an anti-alcohol/conservative initiative. Its a too many people in one room for way too long with no masks thing. In a restaurant, you come in, sit down, eat, and go. Bars obviously do not work like that.

Covid19 cases in Jakarta continue to rise. I expect more restrictions will be coming again soon.

Back
Top Bottom