Future of Diving in 25 years or less

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Remy B.

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
This post is to see if we as a community can reach out and passed on, it is very sad that my grand children if I have the bless to having them and get to meet them will not see coral but in pictures and not in person at the rate we go now.

My Dad was born in Curacao and live there until around his 20's three years ago he came to visit us in Curacao to meet my daughters and wife.

He started to dive very jong back then and when he was on the Island we went to a beach that he liked a lot, and he was shocked that all the coral was gone, and we are talking hundreds of yards gone.

I myself notice as well Coral bleaching when I started to dive.

I watched a documentary called "Chasing Coral" and there you can see how big the impact is, I have taken my daughters to dive to let them see what I like so much those beautiful colors and forms and diversity, of what I thought is a lot of it, but it is actually a lot less than what it was.

I watched this with my 13 year old daughter and she was in tears because she understand that in her 30's nothing will be left to see if there is a miracle doesn't happen

Are you thinking in putting all your saving in opening a dive school in a blue water paradise, and retire with a nice and calm easy live, well think again.

Humans take a lot for granted.

Now imaging how this will affect tourism and Hotel, and flyings and restaurants and even the sea food and a lot more that the eye does not meet, that have to do with the ocean.

who ever have Netflix you can watch the documentary "Chasing Coral" if not there is plenty too see online

"Mission Blue" is another documentary that is a must, we are slaves of plastic and we can't get get red of it.

I hope that somebody can see and pass this message on to the right person, corporation or government that can make a difference.

It is sad that government invest trillions in finding live or the ways to reach other places in space or to find the answer of the start of life in the universe but spent shait in trying to keep the planet alive just because they think in the money, but eventually you will not be able to eat your own money to survive after humans have killed everything.

I only hope and pray it is not to late.

Tis better not to think of such things and enjoy the present. Twenty five plus years from now will not be a pretty sight for the health of our oceans.

I happily dive with or without coral.

Environmental changes might impact our hobby in the future. The mammoth hunt is fairly challenging today as well.

Cameron

I want to see things change for the better, but I cannot picture the widespread cooperation among governments, industries, and individuals to course correct and preserve our aquatic environment.

Reefs will change. It's the nature of Nature. Irma:
Just posted this in another thread...

Reefs will change. It's the nature of Nature. Irma, and other storms, have been hitting reefs since the dawn of time. They are still there. In our brief time as divers, we only get to experience these sites as they exist today, after who knows how many changes through the ages. The next generation will get to see the next iteration. The generation after that, another.
While one region is rebuilding itself, another will be that "great" area to dive. Even in that "great" place, there might be pieces of it that are "under repair".
Go dive! Enjoy the version of the sea as it exists in our time!

Apparently I am still figuring out how to copy paste stuff with this tablet...
This is what I just posted in another thread.

Reefs will change. It's the nature of Nature. Irma, and other storms, have been hitting reefs since the dawn of time. They are still there. In our brief time as divers, we only get to experience these sites as they exist today, after who knows how many changes through the ages. The next generation will get to see the next iteration. The generation after that, another.
While one region is rebuilding itself, another will be that "great" area to dive. Even in that "great" place, there might be pieces of it that are "under repair".
Go dive! Enjoy the version of the sea as it exists in our time!

Apparently I am still figuring out how to copy paste stuff with this tablet...
This is what I just posted in another thread.

The problem looks like that there will not be another place that will rebuild itself.

I have more faith in nature.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom