???Future of Open Circuit Mixed Gas and Rebreather Diving???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You'll be surprised the Navy cheaps out in a lot of ways.

Quite the opposite. Cost is a factor.
It will be a factor, but they already chose the cheapest option (in the long run) if they decided to use CCRs.

The only alternative now to go cheaper is to just not send divers or send them on deep air.

There is a difference between spending and wasting money.

It’s probably not big enough of a market to make a difference, I imagine the USN is not gonna balk at paying expensive He
If it isn't the price, it will be the availability. You can't buy what isn't there. Can't dip into the strategic reserves that have been sold off.

If it isn't the price, it will be the availability. You can't buy what isn't there. Can't dip into the strategic reserves that have been sold off.
Ah does that mean they will have to build strategic reserves and produce some?

I say we send shuttles into space with compressors etc and collect some.

The medical industry needs it.

Bill proposal, helium for balloons and floats is now outlawed so I don't get narced.

As someone who doesn't live near great dive sites, It's sometimes quIte a while between dives for me. Any opinions on the minimum dive frequency needed to keep CCR skills safely fresh? As an example, take a fairly average diver without advanced certs, staying roughly in rec dive depths, and no caves. But someone who's also been diving a long time, and is comfortable in the water and comfortable with OC skills.

Back
Top Bottom