F×<[$%> weather

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Today is another lite NW winds no storms off shore 2' waves this all = Kings Beach or Green Bridge.
High tide in Newport is 4:00. I'll be in Newport before 3:00 anyone care to join me?
Green Bridge is a 200+ yard surface swim to the dive site. I like Green Bridge but Kings Beach should be nice also and it is a much easier dive. Here's my sorryass pictures from Sunday at FTW:
PICT0073.JPG
PICT0078.JPG
PICT0082.JPG

I don't know why I even bother?!

I need to dive Green Bridge some time, that's such a cool spot.

Almost done grinding and glassing. o_O
Today is the day! Ya can't just wakeup one day and say I'm going to dive Green Bridge the conditions need to right for a good dive, if not you'll find yourself in seaweed soup and FTW class vis.

Update: I got an interview Tuesday morning so I’m going “photo-fishing Wednesday”

Today at four is high slack tide, so conditions don’t get better than that.
Today is a great photo day, but I don’t have the car for afternoons. , (and my dear hubby has Physical Therapy apt, which we ALL need at this stage of our lives.)
Both Tuesday and Wednesday early mornings look reasonable, so if an 8am Dive appeals either day, let me know where to meetup! My bag is packed, batteries charged, photo cards cleared, let’s go!
Also Sunday August 8 has high slack tide starting at 8:18am, so I’m going back to Ft Wetherill for shallow, bright sunlight on the rocks photos.

Update: I got an interview Tuesday morning so I’m going “photo-fishing Wednesday”

Today at four is high slack tide, so conditions don’t get better than that.
Today is a great photo day, but I don’t have the car for afternoons. , (and my dear hubby has Physical Therapy apt, which we ALL need at this stage of our lives.)
Both Tuesday and Wednesday early mornings look reasonable, so if an 8am Dive appeals either day, let me know where to meetup! My bag is packed, batteries charged, photo cards cleared, let’s go!
Also Sunday August 8 has high slack tide starting at 8:18am, so I’m going back to Ft Wetherill for shallow, bright sunlight on the rocks photos.

My gear will still be wet tomorrow! Mrs.AfterDark tried her suit on this AM it fit well so she'll be snorkeling in the cove at Green Bridge while I'm diving outside the cove. Metal detector day, there are 20MM and 40MM cases to be found.

MrsAD and I went to Green Bridge Newport RI today. It wasn't as good as I hoped there was more surging then I expected and the further south I went the more milky the water became, vis ranged from a clear 20' in the cove where Arial the mermaid spent her time snorkeling which was over an hour, to 8 milky feet at 25FSW. My dive lasted 45 min and sorry to say the best part was the swim back thru the cove I swam the entire 200 yds back underwater and didn't stop until I was in 5' of water. MrsAD was still snorkeling chasing a crab I think. I found one hunk of rusted iron that was fused to the rocks around it so I left it. It was nice to dive the site and to know I still can. Divable sites for ole'AD are getting fewer.

Weather looks reasonable so I’m going to Ft Wetherill in the Wednesday morning 8am, with cameras. I hope I can post some great pix by afternoon!

Well I'm glad I didn't drag my a$$ down there yesterday! I thought you were going yesterday.
Safe diving, looking forward to the pictures!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom