F×<[$%> weather

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I updated I had Interview Tuesday, so that why today. I’m up and hoping to get good photos.
Next day for good conditions is Sunday, although we know how crowded that day is after last weekend. Ft Wetherill is like a buffalo watering station summer weekends.
I know one other diver said he’d be there today, but if he doesn’t show, I will just snorkel to get photos, as I am not a solo diver in general.

I updated I had Interview Tuesday, so that why today. I’m up and hoping to get good photos.
Next day for good conditions is Sunday, although we know how crowded that day is after last weekend. Ft Wetherill is like a buffalo watering station summer weekends.
I know one other diver said he’d be there today, but if he doesn’t show, I will just snorkel to get photos, as I am not a solo diver in general.

I'd go except I'm having a little gastrointestinal distress this AM and am still a little beat from the Green Bridge dive, I haven't swam that much in awhile!

I'd go except I'm having a little gastrointestinal distress this AM and am still a little beat from the Green Bridge dive, I haven't swam that much in awhile!
I know what you mean, Monday was looking perfect but I could not do two days on a row, I have to up my workout!
I have another interview Thursday, so my freedom to dive may get restricted if I’m hired, so I really Hope weekend weather is good this summer/fall!

Working sucks! Ya got no time to enjoy life!

Sunday we could try the boat ramp at Sakonnet point in the cove. Perhaps @TuckerIdaho can enlighten us with a boat traffic report of the cove on a normal nice weather Sunday? We don't want to be bumping our flag off boats and making it difficult for the boaters to get off or on their moorings.
If we become a hazard to navigation the Harbormaster may tell us to pack it up! Anyway it should be protected to some degree from the S winds and swells by the monster breakwater on the south side. The quality of the water vis wise being brought into the cove from the ocean is the X factor, unknown until we see it. The bottom there was sandy the last time I dove there long ago it could be something unpleasant these days like black muck. The cove at Fort Adams at the beach was all sand at one time, two years ago it was a black muck. :( There are some rocks past the Yacht club that may have some life to photograph. Ya can't win if ya don't play!

My diving for pleasure just got rarer till October.

Need to get the DM finished and then on a plane to the keys for IDC. But..... it's the keys *grin*

Not much to see in the harbor itself and given its mostly a commercial harbor, I'm not sure diving in around the harbor would be very welcome. Out the breakwater and along the outside is where there's life and things to see. There's roughly 6-10 feet of water in the harbor.

Its a popular spot to kayak out of to get to the light to spearfish.

Not much to see in the harbor itself and given its mostly a commercial harbor, I'm not sure diving in around the harbor would be very welcome. Out the breakwater and along the outside is where there's life and things to see. There's roughly 6-10 feet of water in the harbor.

Its a popular spot to kayak out of to get to the light to spearfish.

I remember going out from the town ramp not the commercial one near the breakwater and going past the yacht club to what where I'd be on a line about where the breakwater ends and where the river channel starts it was about 20FSW does that sound right to you? Just so you understand not at the end of the breakwater but at the surface looking south you'd be lined up with the end of the breakwater maybe 250yards to the north. Hope that's clear?

Viz was decent today, Wednesday: Got some GoPro video screen shots:
GH010353_Moment_Moment (2).jpg
GH010368_Moment_Moment (2).jpg
GH010375_Moment_Moment_Moment (2).jpg
GH010372_Moment_Moment (2).jpg
GH010367_Moment_Moment (2).jpg

Nice vis and pictures especially like the pipefish! Nice colors on the crab too!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom