F×<[$%> weather

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Although Sunday looks good for weather, I want to avoid that crowded conditions.
I am hoping for Tuesday or Wednesday mornings.

I went to FTW today hoping to test a regulator I had re-built and haven't used yet. GeeLouise! The water in the cove was crashing on the rocks where the kids dive into the water, yaks bobbing around in the cove and not one dive flag. There was a young spearo sitting on one of logs looking like he lost his dog. He was dressed but had his gear in his car, like me. He left before me. Maybe tomorrow AM early before the hoards invade the cove, maybe an overnight tide flush will clear things up, a little.

...maybe an overnight tide flush will clear things up, a little.
Since YOU brought it up, I did wonder if those droves of dive students were all peeing in the cove at the same time, , and it was another reason to wait for a less crowded day.

Since YOU brought it up, I did wonder if those droves of dive students were all peeing in the cove at the same time, , and it was another reason to wait for a less crowded day.

There was at least one that looked like she did or was ready to! The instructor was trying to get her to do some skill in chest deep water and she was concerned to say the least.

The was a little girl holding her fathers hand she was maybe 10 no older about 4' tall, maybe. They where part of the class, they were all geared waiting their turn. I gave her smile and a thumbs up and got big grin in return. I love diving!

Hey boys and girls anyone like quahogs? This@%#%weather has been making it very hard to find a place to dive for sometime. There is a place in Jamestown named Potters Cove. 41°30'36.7"N 71°21'46.3"W - Google Maps It is something of a beach but actual part of a town park. It is somewhat protected from SW winds Taylors point blocks the S winds, W winds come from off the land. Parking is free but limited, 20 spaces, the water is less than 100' from the parking spots.

Nice stairs go down to the beach of sand. At low tide it is a nightmare of muck and mud. Fully geared a diver would sink to their knees in mud. At high tide the water is high enough that a diver can swim over it. A swim of 200-300 yards will bring a diver to quahogville and easy pickings. All ya need is a mesh bag and something to dig up the hogs. Anyone interested?
Monday high tide 1430 that's 2:30PM. The Monday afternoon forecast is 70% cloud cover with rain showers possible around 1400/2:00PM. This might keep the attendance down and create open parking spots, maybe.

Stuffed quahogs are an AfterDark specialty! A secret recipe developed and tested extensively by AD. The finding after each test was: MMMMMM_MMMMMMGood!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom