F×<[$%> weather

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey boys and girls anyone like quahogs? This@%#%weather has been making it very hard to find a place to dive for sometime. There is a place in Jamestown named Potters Cove. 41°30'36.7"N 71°21'46.3"W - Google Maps It is something of a beach but actual part of a town park. It is somewhat protected from SW winds Taylors point blocks the S winds, W winds come from off the land. Parking is free but limited, 20 spaces, the water is less than 100' from the parking spots.

Nice stairs go down to the beach of sand. At low tide it is a nightmare of muck and mud. Fully geared a diver would sink to their knees in mud. At high tide the water is high enough that a diver can swim over it. A swim of 200-300 yards will bring a diver to quahogville and easy pickings. All ya need is a mesh bag and something to dig up the hogs. Anyone interested?
Monday high tide 1430 that's 2:30PM. The Monday afternoon forecast is 70% cloud cover with rain showers possible around 1400/2:00PM. This might keep the attendance down and create open parking spots, maybe.

Stuffed quahogs are an AfterDark specialty! A secret recipe developed and tested extensively by AD. The finding after each test was: MMMMMM_MMMMMMGood!
I'll bite. How do you fix a quahog? I only know them for chopping up and putting in chowdah.

I'll bite. How do you fix a quahog? I only know them for chopping up and putting in chowdah.

Mine is a secret recipe. This link will give you an idea.
Stuffed Quahog, "Stuffie" Recipe | Food Network
This will get you going!
download (1).jpeg

Hey boys and girls anyone like quahogs? This@%#%weather has been making it very hard to find a place to dive for sometime. There is a place in Jamestown named Potters Cove. 41°30'36.7"N 71°21'46.3"W - Google Maps It is something of a beach but actual part of a town park. It is somewhat protected from SW winds Taylors point blocks the S winds, W winds come from off the land. Parking is free but limited, 20 spaces, the water is less than 100' from the parking spots.

Nice stairs go down to the beach of sand. At low tide it is a nightmare of muck and mud. Fully geared a diver would sink to their knees in mud. At high tide the water is high enough that a diver can swim over it. A swim of 200-300 yards will bring a diver to quahogville and easy pickings. All ya need is a mesh bag and something to dig up the hogs. Anyone interested?
Monday high tide 1430 that's 2:30PM. The Monday afternoon forecast is 70% cloud cover with rain showers possible around 1400/2:00PM. This might keep the attendance down and create open parking spots, maybe.

Stuffed quahogs are an AfterDark specialty! A secret recipe developed and tested extensively by AD. The finding after each test was: MMMMMM_MMMMMMGood!

My favorite spot for quahogs. Never been let down there. A favorite recipe for quahogs is grill them until they open, remove, and finish opening them. Add small amount of butter with some chopped garlic and a few shakes of Red Hot, back on the grill they go until butter melts and they are all bubbly and delicious.

My favorite spot for quahogs. Never been let down there. A favorite recipe for quahogs is grill them until they open, remove, and finish opening them. Add small amount of butter with some chopped garlic and a few shakes of Red Hot, back on the grill they go until butter melts and they are all bubbly and delicious.

Do you do that with the hogs? I do that with the cherry stones and even, necks but the hogs I've only used for stuffies don't care for chowder so I don't make it the hogs are usually used for that..

Never had then but I'm willing to try a AD speciality.

Have you been way over to the right to rocks at Taylor point lately? I did night dives there years ago. It wasn't too bad but I've had bad luck with sites that "weren't too bad back then". They suck now.

Do you do that with the hogs? I do that with the cherry stones and even, necks but the hogs I've only used for stuffies don't care for chowder so I don't make it the hogs are usually used for that..

Yes, usually with the smaller ones but have done it with any size.

Have you been way over to the right to rocks at Taylor point lately? I did night dives there years ago. It wasn't too bad but I've had bad luck with sites that "weren't too bad back then". They suck now.

Last dive there was last year, went out to the point and little to no current and vis was good. Haven’t dove there this year yet. I noticed the same problem at FTW. Took an Advanced class into the east cove, we followed the rock wall out to the end with a plan to hit the 80 foot mark. We hit the end of the wall and the current was out of control, worse I have ever seen it. Even the fishermen on the rocks said it was really bad.The year before did the same dive and had minimal current. I guess you never know until you get there.
Heading to Kings Beach Wednesday the 11th. Any updates or condition reports from there?

SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM WEDNESDAY MORNING THROUGH WEDNESDAY EVENING
Tonight...S Winds 10 To 15 Kt With Gusts Up To 20 Kt. Seas 2 To 3 Ft. Patchy Fog After Midnight. A Chance Of Showers With A Slight Chance Of Tstms After Midnight With Vsby 1 Nm Or Less.
Wed...Sw Winds 10 To 15 Kt With Gusts Up To 25 Kt. Seas 2 To 4 Ft. Patchy Fog. Vsby 1 To 3 Nm.

SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM WEDNESDAY MORNING THROUGH WEDNESDAY EVENING
Tonight...S Winds 10 To 15 Kt With Gusts Up To 20 Kt. Seas 2 To 3 Ft. Patchy Fog After Midnight. A Chance Of Showers With A Slight Chance Of Tstms After Midnight With Vsby 1 Nm Or Less.
Wed...Sw Winds 10 To 15 Kt With Gusts Up To 25 Kt. Seas 2 To 4 Ft. Patchy Fog. Vsby 1 To 3 Nm.

Wonderful. Thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom