FYI cold water in WPB

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We hit a 74° degree thermocline Sunday before last as far south as Key Biscayne at 60 feet, that was a bit of a surprise. I eventually got used to it wearing a rashguard and jammers, it was worse coming back up to the warmer water, it felt like a sauna. Can't imagine going through to the 60s.

I had 64 on the bottom in Jupiter Thursday last week. Luckily I was still wearing my 5mill but it was chilly. This is a good thread to keep posted so people have an idea on what is the appropriate thermal protection. We had a guy on the boat expecting 80 degree water temp who froze is ass off (no wetsuit).

Any current temps in WPB? I'm supposed to dive with Sandy's Sunday on Wednesday.

We hit 64 degrees starting at about 45 feet at Area 51 Sunday with about 30 ft viz. Several divers didn't make the second dive.

I had 64 on the bottom in Jupiter Thursday last week. Luckily I was still wearing my 5mill but it was chilly. This is a good thread to keep posted so people have an idea on what is the appropriate thermal protection. We had a guy on the boat expecting 80 degree water temp who froze is ass off (no wetsuit).

This is a good thread. I am coming down for labor day weekend and also would have expected water temps to be in the 80's.

Hoping for reports of warm water on Friday....as I really don't want to break out the 5mm for Saturday's dive! haha

Hoping for reports of warm water on Friday....as I really don't want to break out the 5mm for Saturday's dive! haha

My Girlfriend's cert dive is Sunday and I am tagging along. Only own Lavacore and she only has a 3mm and does not want to wear it... Hoping conditions improve... I really don't want to ride around on the boat for only 10 minutes of diving.

Wear the thickest suit you have right now and just crack the neck seal if you need to cool off. Rather be too warm than too cold on a dive.

There is some consolation that at least it has been nice and toasty warm back on the boat.

73 degrees on the Castor and 70 degrees (brrrrrrrrrrr) on 75 today with Underwater Explorers out of Boynton Beach. Distinct thermocline with much warmer water above, low 80s. Don't know what its like on the reefs at about 60 feet. I"m switching to my 5 tomorrow before I find out.

My son was diving last week and had as low as 69 degrees on 95 out of Boynton on Friday the 9th.

Last edited:
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom