FYI: Scubatoys.com has a new T2x on sale for $1100

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sshrum

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I just spoke to Joe at Scubatoys.com about my "demo/used" T2x that I purchased from them for $1100 a few days ago as I was freaking out that the lifetime warranty wasn't going to be honored (as indicated by a number of users here and a few shops I spoke to)

He indicated that the unit was "brand new" and will have the warranty card in it...SWEET!

They have another yoke T2x on sale for $1100 if anyone is looking...just go to their demo/used section. Feel free to contact Joe to confirm new-ness

They are also doing free shipping for orders over $50. Plus, if you don't live in Texas, no sales tax (there's an extra $97 savings for me in CA). According the UPS tracking, mine should be here by Thursday (4 business days to arrive...not bad)

Just FYI.

Almost all my dive gear came from there. They have always stood behind the things they sale if something goes wrong. I bought used regs. from them and get free parts for life just as if I bought them new. Some will post bitching that parts dont cost a lot, but every little bit helps.

Just had a productive trip to the LDS...seems that Atomic does makes a conversion kit for the leftover titanium yoke to turn it into a titanium DIN-to-Yoke adapter for $175. Figure the conversion kit to turn the yoke into a DIN is about $250 + the brand new T2x I got for $1100 from ScubaToys.com and I end up with a $1600 DIN Atomic T2x with a free titanium DIN-to-Yoke adapter (adapter seems to be going for $440). Plus my LDS sed they'd do the labor at no charge. I'm happy. Now I no longer need to worry about swapping the connections out and having to lug a torque wrench and socket with me everywhere.

The deal thru Scubatoys is legit although my LDS nearly burst a blood vessel when I told him I paid $1100. He said they weren't authorized (I already knew they were), proceeded to call Atomic to confirm and began bitching over the phone that Scubatoys was undercutting the retail price. The LDS wanted to see my receipt, the email confirmation, etc...I told him no way..."I'll clear this up with Atomic directly since they are just up the street".

I took the T2x reg (along with the converters that I bought to make the unit a DIN and the converter to make the Yoke a DIN-to-Yoke) directly to the Atomic's shop in Huntington Beach. Spoke with the receptionist...everything is kewl. The warranty is still valid and they did the conversion on the FS and Yoke for $40. I filled out and handed in the registration cards as well.

I doubt though if I'll go back to that DS ever again.

I don't blame you for not wanting to return to your LDS. This is why even though I live in Tennessee I consider Scuba Toys my local dive shop. They actually treat there customers good and pass savings on to the consumer.

The deal thru Scubatoys is legit although my LDS nearly burst a blood vessel when I told him I paid $1100. He said they weren't authorized (I already knew they were), proceeded to call Atomic to confirm and began bitching over the phone that Scubatoys was undercutting the retail price. The LDS wanted to see my receipt, the email confirmation, etc.

I live in Orange County, too. I bought my SP regs new and authorized than Laguna Sea Sports got sold. When it came time for annual service I was "cool" with other shops by then and OMG, what a pain it is. Two shops outright refused to service the reg because at first I didn't have the paper work, then I did but it was photocopied. Then they just wouldn't work on it because I didn't buy it from them. Finally Pacific Wilderness OC accepted my paperwork and verified whatever they could with SP and that was that. Go through that fight every year. Some shops will just give you grief becuase they're their M.O..

So many places have such an attitude that I hardly care if they go under. They aren't my shop. But by now I'm in cool with most other shops and things aren't so rough. I just know that if I had purchased a reg online just to tell them I bought it from a friend or otherwise use brands that do not so easily entice shop owners to become so evil.

Good for you, nice deal by the way :)

Atomic said whenever I need to service the reg, I can take it directly to them. They will do the complete service including most of the external body (hoses, depressor, guards, etc) so that it not only works like new but will look brand new as well for ~$180 which I only have to do every 2 years. A little high but screw it, I'll go thru them just to avoid the LDSs. The service cost on these regs are gunna be more just on the amount of Christo-lube they use in the thing. All the shops around me indicated they would charge $20-40 extra just for the lube.

Hehe...I know...I have to update my will to make sure the family doesn't start fighting over who gets it when I die.

Nice reg. I was looking at them at the Atomics display at the LA Scuba show in June. I was speaking to the rep when another diver came up who obviously knew the rep and started talking to her. She continued the conversation with him, despite the fact I was interupped in mid-conversation. I figured if that was their customer service, they could pretty much pound tar and ended up buying a sweet little scubapro rig, a change for me since I have always been an aqualund diver.

I have tried to buy items form scubatoys on three occassions. In each case, I have been called to say the item was no longer available. While substitutes have been offered, they have either been more expensive (a lot of the stuff I look at is on closeout, first come first served) or not what I was looking for (I am pretty particular). But, I always felt like I was treated fair as their communication was prompt and they tried to make the deal work.

The only complaint that I have about Scubatoys is their free shipping policy is limited to the continental United States. They point out that it doesn't include Alaska, to which I repsond, "what the hell continent do you thing we are on?" They and everyone else need to learn the difference between "continental" and "contiguous."

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom