G/day from Downunder

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Originally posted by fergyjohn

Larry,
In reference to Heron Island, I dived there about 4-5 years ago, you will love it there the diving is easy, and many species of tropical fish, a couple of freindly Morays you can pet.
This time of the year is when the Turtles come in to lay there eggs.
The Island is only small you can circumnavigate it in a half an hour.
Something memorable that recall was getting up at sunrise and walking around the Island (beautiful) and seeing the many Turtles returning to the water after labouring all night laying their eggs.
You will not regret staying and diving on Heron Island, it truly is the jewel in the crown of the great barrier reef.

regards
Fergy [/B]

Excellent! - Actually - I first qualified a little over that long ago - just because we were visiting and there was NO WAY I was going to set foot on part of the Great Barrior Reef without going under. In retrospect - I wish I'd done it well before so that I could have been more observant and less into tracking fundimentals. [When dive #5 is on the Great Barrier, what does one do for an encore?]
Anyway - I'm REALLY looking forward to it!

Cheers !

from the second largest province in the second largest country in the world.............Ontario Canada.

We have reefs here ya know.....lovely shades of green and brown......

Butch :peace:

Originally posted by fergyjohn
Ontario Diver if I ever get to Canada I will take you up on that offer of the SECOND best beer in the world.....
Fergy

# 1 -- Anchor Steam Beer of San Francisco

#2 -- Foster's(?) of OZ

#3 -- _______ of Oh, Canada!

Joewr...making one of his rare, non-controversial, shy appearances...

Hello Fergyjohn,
By now you realize you are will have to buy a much larger home to accomodate all the board members wanting to visit you to dive the Great Barrier Reef(a dream site to all divers).
The board is a great place to kick off your fins(tired from kicking along the Great Barrier Reef), take off your mask(worn out from looking at the many wonderous sights on the Great Barrier Reef), replace you reg(exhausted from the breath taking diving on the Great Barrier Reef) with your favorite brew(probably Fosters, brewed in the country that has the Great Barrier Reef), and relax while you read of our adventures in COLD quarries, rivers, lakes and places not even close to the GREAT BARRIER REEF. Sorry, the green envy monster took over there for an instant. He grows the more I read the many dive magazines as they taunt us with their places of diving beauty, like the Great Barrier Reef. There he goes again, sorry.
Seriously, Welcome to the board from Virginia. This is the place to spend the needed surface time.

Welcome Fergyjohn!

Maybe I am the only one who is not envy of you. The Great Barrier Reef is so far for me, as if it would exist only in my dreams. So I wish you nice talks with the board-members, and talk us about the wonderfull world out there.

Back
Top Bottom