G & G's Clearwater Paradise information please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bkpix

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
We have dove many times in Roatan and are looking for something a little different. So we are thinking about Guanaja. We looked at Dunbar's, but don't want to be that isolated. Has anyone stayed at G&G'? We usually stay at the Reef House on Roatan, so are used to small and laid back. Reef House does not have no-see-um issues; does G&G's? How does the diving compare to Roatan?

My wife and I stayed at G&G's for a week back in 2013. It was a good trip. The place is very laid back and geared toward diving and making sure the guests enjoy their stay.
Other than diving we were pretty much at the house/lodge. The staff were friendly and worked hard to make our stay enjoyable. The food was good and prepared with your schedule in mind. At the lodge we didn't have any issues with bugs. Along the shore we got some bug bites but it's par for the course.

The best part of the trip was the diving. Diving Guanaja was excellent! The reef is in much better shape than RTB and the underwater topography is quite different. Lots of deep cracks and swim throughs. Witi and George were great guides.

I made some videos of the diving. Here is the link for Black Rock Dog Leg: https://youtu.be/xjaPU891EeE
You can find the other Guanaja videos on my youtube channel: youtube.com/grantwiscour

It'd be a fun and memorable trip. If you go, tell them Grant says Hello!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom