G9 in an WP-DC11?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubabob57

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I was thinking about getting a G7 for my upcoming trip to Cocos in mid-October. Since I would love to use RAW and enjoy the other improvements on the new G9, I now would like to get a G9. One problem - It looks like the new housings from either Canon or Ikelite will not be available until mid-November. Can anyone tell me whether or not the Canon WP-DC 11 (made for the G7) could be a viable option. Since they are basically the same camera, I imagine that it would fit and that most of the important buttons would be functional, but can't seem to find a place that has both of them for me to check it out. Any ideas?

it's a good thought, the specs list them both with the exact same dimensions. However, the bigger LCD on the G9 must move the buttons around a bit. In the pictures i've seen it looks like on the G9, the review button is higher up and the display/menu buttons are scrunched closer together.

it's a good thought, the specs list them both with the exact same dimensions. However, the bigger LCD on the G9 must move the buttons around a bit. In the pictures i've seen it looks like on the G9, the review button is higher up and the display/menu buttons are scrunched closer together.

They also modified the grip on the right side front (as you grasp it) so you have more of a bump out to grab with your fingers. It was one of those items the complainers mentioned all the time.

Back
Top Bottom