Gaiter Wraps

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mweitz:
I've seen some pretty respected divers using them ... I don't know much about them, but wouldn't discount them out of hand.

Mark

I'm not saying they don't have their place. I almost purchased a set when I first bought my drysuit, but never got around to it, and eventually realized that they weren't needed.

Does gator wraps have any negative consequences on the blood circulation? If so, does the chances for a DCI grow? I tried them once, and found them rather tight.

D.

mine aren't tight enough to cut off circulation.

DOXA:
Does gator wraps have any negative consequences on the blood circulation? If so, does the chances for a DCI grow? I tried them once, and found them rather tight.

D.

I would assume no more than any bottom timer or compass strap would.

Not entirly true. My compass has two 'tailor made' bungy loops and the strap of my bottom timer is quite long. If you don't want the velcro to stick out so much, I can feel the gator wraps quite well. To well IMHO.

D.

DOXA:

I doubt that gaiters influence circulation more than latex seals. I don't see such probleme here.

or get a larger sized gaitor. the point isn't to try to crank it down so much that you restrict air (and blood) travelling down your legs, the point is to keep excess leg material from balooning.

lamont:
or get a larger sized gaitor. the point isn't to try to crank it down so much that you restrict air (and blood) travelling down your legs, the point is to keep excess leg material from balooning.

Good Point!

thanks guys, i,ve decided to buy a set for my drysuit, if i don,t like them ,simple , won,t where them!!!

ironically enough, i think i finally 'got it' yesterday why you shouldn't need gaitors with proper trim...

i don't have proper trim in my doubles, though, and the gaitors aren't the thing in my way, so they'll stick around for now...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom