Gaiter Wraps

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lamont:
i don't have proper trim in my doubles, though, and the gaitors aren't the thing in my way, so they'll stick around for now...

So you don't solve the problem?

D.

teckhead:
Hi all, like to know if Gaiter Wraps make any different to divng drysuits, how many divers have own these or have tryed using the Gaiters?

cheers.

As others have said, with a proper fitting suit they aren't needed. However, for long swims, such as cave dives they can be nice, particularly for newer divers. Mine are old and worn out so I rarely use them. They add a little benefit but not enough for me to go to the trouble of ordering a new pair. For scooter dives, I don't like them because I want to fill the feet up a little more to make it more comfortable.

RTodd:
As others have said, with a proper fitting suit they aren't needed. However, for long swims, such as cave dives they can be nice, particularly for newer divers. Mine are old and worn out so I rarely use them. They add a little benefit but not enough for me to go to the trouble of ordering a new pair. For scooter dives, I don't like them because I want to fill the feet up a little more to make it more comfortable.

I have a set but have not used them in a while. I found in order for them to work properly, they had to be pretty tight. However, once I would "clamp" them down, they have a tendency to cut off blood flow and make my calves cramp. The other reason is I don't like them when scootering. It's nice to pump some gas in your feet for a more comfortable scootering position.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom