Closed Galileo Luna/Sol bungee brackets

Sold or no longer available

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Guruboy, Nice of you to take my files and idea and sell it as your own. Not even give an attribute to the original designer.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Image redacted due to personal email visible. Image is a screen grab of a PM of Guruboy asking RickPeck to email him the "files"

Rainpilot

I'm surprised to see that. I thought the design was basically public domain and guruboy was just helping folks out by having shapeways make them in batch. I had mine made by shapeways myself - although I never did get the bungees quite right and ended up putting the original straps back on. I think I paid about double what guruboy is charging people to have them made.

Last edited:
What I have issue with is someone soliciting me for the files (and modifications), knowing full well he was going to sell them, and not referencing the original designer or the thread where people could get the files. Also, not being up front about the reason for asking for the files. That is shady.

If asked I probably would have agreed, with the caveat that he point back to the original thread where people could access the files themselves. Any future designs I will put on Thingiverse where there are legal protections for this type of action.

Whether he makes a large profit or not is of no consequence. Making a nickel is too much. There are so many people with 3d printers now that it is likely that anyone that is interested could have a set made. As an example my local library has 3d printers for use that charges five cents a gram for material. I'm lucky enough to have built my own printer.

BTW, the picture on the first page of this post has the adapters installed backwards. The curve follows the wrist.

Galileo strap

Rick Peck

BTW, the picture on the first page of this post has the adapters installed backwards. The curve follows the wrist.

That's what I figured, but I tried both ways and ended up liking them with curves out more.

What I have issue with is someone soliciting me for the files (and modifications), knowing full well he was going to sell them, and not referencing the original designer or the thread where people could get the files. Also, not being up front about the reason for asking for the files. That is shady.

If asked I probably would have agreed, with the caveat that he point back to the original thread where people could access the files themselves. Any future designs I will put on Thingiverse where there are legal protections for this type of action.

Whether he makes a large profit or not is of no consequence. Making a nickel is too much. There are so many people with 3d printers now that it is likely that anyone that is interested could have a set made. As an example my local library has 3d printers for use that charges five cents a gram for material. I'm lucky enough to have built my own printer.

Galileo strap

Rick Peck

Like I said, I'm sorry you feel you didn't receive due credit and not linking back to your thread.

Honestly, I didn't think you cared:
- you gave the design away for free
- I posted in the thread that I made extras and was offering them to others (and you didn't object)
- you stopped being active in the discussion

Like you, I'm not making money off this. I'm just trying to help people out. Unlike you, many people don't have access to cheap 3D printing.

After I run out, I'm not making anymore. People can contact Rick Peck, the original designer. Here is the thread where he posted- Galileo strap

Last edited:
Hello guruboy
I am interested in a set (of two pieces) for my Galileo.
¿How do I have to proceed?
The delivery should be done in Barcelona (Spain)

Thank you

Here is the bracket with 1/8" holes shown next to the 1/4" design.

1/8" bracket is on the right. I ordered 20 brackets (10 pairs) for this first batch.

Anyone still interested should PM me with quantity and zip code.

$5 / pair + postage (around $2-3 usually).

View attachment 411243
Hi, can you please tell me the width of the section that fits into the SOL (meaning the section that the Steel PIn goes through). As I can use this on another item if it fits or I can modify it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom