Galileo Sol - Bulk or Bite?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What's the difference between the sol and the terra? just the AI?

AI, Heart Rate Monitor and the Triple Gas Switching.

Regards,
Sam

AI, Heart Rate Monitor and the Triple Gas Switching.

Regards,
Sam

Which can be added later. The monitor can be purchased. The programs for the heart rate and gas switching can be downloaded (for a fee)

Which can be added later. The monitor can be purchased. The programs for the heart rate and gas switching can be downloaded (for a fee)

which program?

Sorry. Not the AI, (sorry all. posted quickly during a break) but you can add the heart monitor and the triple gas switching. The AI cannot be added because the Terra lacks a piece of hardware.

( I did my due diligence. I am picking up a Terra here in the next few days.)

Splitlip do you know how much the upgrade is for the triple gas switching? A quick price check on Leisurepro shows a difference of 800.00 between the two computers.

Ron L.

My wife just got a Sol and dear god is it big, really big. Dining room table big. It made my Oceanic VT3 crawl away and hide in a corner. But I have to say, as much as I like my VT3, that Sol is sweet. Every piece of info you could possibly need is right there on the main screen and easy to read. The Uwatec transmitters seems to have a little better range than my Oceanic also. She's able to read my tank pressure from a farther distance than I can read hers, and she also loses the link with her own tank a lot less than I do.

Oh, crap! I think I just got computer envy!:11:

This is the whole reason I sold my VT3 and purchased the Galileo Sol... It's in the mail... Can hardly wait to get it...

Mike G

The Galileo is a bit large, but a few minutes into your first dive, the size is of no consequence. It does so many things well, and delivers so much information, the size doesn't make any difference. To top it all off, the display is large enough so that the entire display is readable! In the computer world, the Galileo is head and shoulders above the competition. :palmtree: Bob

Splitlip do you know how much the upgrade is for the triple gas switching? A quick price check on Leisurepro shows a difference of 800.00 between the two computers.

Ron L.

$235 or $285 is the picture in my brain. Definitely in that range.The Heart monitor upgrade is roughly the same. When I was doing my reseach, the cost of AI was $200 to $300 more after the heart and multi gas upgrades.

It is downloaded from the Uwatec site.

Back
Top Bottom