Galileo Sol - Bulk or Bite?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I received this reply from Scubapro today. I'll send my Sol in and see what happens.

Subject: RE: After-Sales Product Support
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2008 17:16:41 -0500
I think we will need to come up with a non-warranty replacement cost, but I think we should take a look at it first, to see if we can do something to repair it. As I said, we haven't seen this prior. Regards,

Please send to:

SCUBAPRO UWATEC
Tech Services
1166 Fesler st
El Cajon, CA 92020

Please include a copy of our emails. Thanks

Alwaysbroke- My wife's Sol will occasionally have a sticky button. We found out that it's being caused by "crud" (some type of mineral like build-up) accumulating. So far, a stiff bristled tooth brush, warm water, and a good scrubbing down between the button and the housing has solved the problem each time. Can't help with the transmitter issue. Maybe change the battery in the transmitter and see what that does?!?!

Heh, I wish I had that prblem. I just bought one and I'm going to have to punch a couple of new holes since it flops around on my wrist done up at the smallest width.

My only 'problem' with this is my arm is so small I have to put the band on like the 2nd or 3rd hole closest to the computer, I have a lot of strap flopping about. Still trying different ways to secure but it's well worth it.

Alwaysbroke- My wife's Sol will occasionally have a sticky button. We found out that it's being caused by "crud" (some type of mineral like build-up) accumulating. So far, a stiff bristled tooth brush, warm water, and a good scrubbing down between the button and the housing has solved the problem each time. Can't help with the transmitter issue. Maybe change the battery in the transmitter and see what that does?!?!
Thanks for the info. I already shipped it to SP. I'll let them play with it and see what they can find. BTW, I checked the battery first thing when I had the transmitter problem.

I love my Galileo Sol regardless of having to tighten the strap as far as it goes! The readout is awesome and its got so much going for it. Its easy to use the infrared to transfer info from my home computer onto my wrist .... I can't speak for the other computers as there were so many features on the Galileo and the display can be customized to be as simple or detailed as you want.....Good luck in whatever you choose.....:)

Marg (MMM), there are two options I can think of for the sizing problem.

First, try putting it on your forearm, and see how that feels (take getting used to).
Second, you can replace the band with a stretchable bungee option.

Many of us waer it around the forearm anyway so that if we have to reach back and manage the valves/manifold it doesn't get in the way.

Cheers,
David

You can replace the band with a bungee on the sol?

I received this reply from Scubapro today. I'll send my Sol in and see what happens.

Subject: RE: After-Sales Product Support
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2008 17:16:41 -0500
I think we will need to come up with a non-warranty replacement cost, but I think we should take a look at it first, to see if we can do something to repair it. As I said, we haven't seen this prior. Regards,

Please send to:

SCUBAPRO UWATEC
Tech Services
1166 Fesler st
El Cajon, CA 92020

Please include a copy of our emails. Thanks

I thought you all might like to hear how things turned out.

I sent my Galileo to Scubapro. Since I bought it used, I figured they would either tell me, "Sorry, Charley," or want to charge me a bunch to fix it. They really surprised and amazed me by replacing the wrist unit under warranty! Wow! This was a demonstration of outstanding customer service, as fas as I'm concerned. Scubapro has earned my business!

:clapping:

I thought you all might like to hear how things turned out.

I sent my Galileo to Scubapro. Since I bought it used, I figured they would either tell me, "Sorry, Charley," or want to charge me a bunch to fix it. They really surprised and amazed me by replacing the wrist unit under warranty! Wow! This was a demonstration of outstanding customer service, as fas as I'm concerned. Scubapro has earned my business!

:clapping:

Scubapro has the best customer service in the business, period. You're really going to love Uwatec after you dive this thing a couple of times... :) :palmtree: Bob

You can replace the band with a bungee on the sol?

I saw a very slick set up the other day.

The guy cut and polished 2 sections of PVC pipe the width of the retaining pins with less than 90 degree arcs. The pipe segments were drilled and attached to the unit with the pins and partially wrapped the wrist. The PVC pipe segments were also drilled to receive bungee which went around the wrist.

Don't know if I explained it well enough.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom