Galileo strap

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

c5diver

Contributor
Reaction score
i have a luna been diving it for 2 1/2 years, and the strap broke. so i temp fixed it by with a couple zip ties to put the strap back together, worked fine after the dive rinsed the computer let it dry then stored it in the clam shell it came with. opened it a week later and the strap was crumbling.

ordered a new strap had it shipped to cozumel where i am diving open the new strap and its already broken! what is the issue with these straps, its like they drying out and falling apart

My unofficial advice (read: not from SP) is to make a bungee mount like mine - click here (post #18).

It's been on well over 300 dives since I went with the bungees now without any issues...best thing I ever did aside from putting it in silent mode.

I had the same problem with mine. Strap just randomly failed without notice on a dive and the computer slipped off my wrist unnoticed, but thankfully was able to recover it. Scubapro warrantied replacement of the strap with what I believe they referred to as a "reformulated" version. I haven't had any problems with it since, but I now also keep it bungeed to my wrist just in case.

I used these: 4 Piece Ball Stretch Cord Set

I'll post pictures of my strap when I can get ahold of my camera... Looks just like the one posted above.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376854791.754563.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376854844.869318.jpg

That is pretty neat! I'll dummy cord mine until it craps out then I'll go that route.

With that said I'm trying to find some 2" rubber strap to make a Zulu a style strap. The only place I've found one is from an s/m guy on line. He promise to make me one but I think he got distracted??? LOL

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

SP don't care. With that said other than the weird failure I had, which SP had never answered publicly or privately I've been happy with the comp. I would rather not loose it.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom