Galileo Trimix?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It is a great rec computer except:
1) it has crappy lighting.
2) the layout is not designed well; for example, tank pressure is in the smallest font for any screeen setting.
3) the heart monitor is worthless.
If SP would just fix these issues then I wouldn't care about trimix either.

If not for the outstanding electronic compass I would have sold long ago. I have never used the heart monitor. My Florida Cracker spearo buddies would crucify me for strapping that on...

If you down-load their 16 compartment conservative trimix program that will over-write the nitrox software as well I hear. Jack of all trades and master of nothing. Shearwater or Liquivision for a trimix computer...

latest from scubapro tec customer services:

"Hello Koos,
Thank you for your email regarding the trimix upgrade.
There were two presentations on the trimix upgrade at DEMA. The process is being finalized and should be available after the Holidays.

Best Regards,
Jules Ganier
Scubapro Uwatec
Technical Services"

5 bucks they miss this newly revised updated date on the new date that was revised and updated at least 20 times before .

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

:thumb:

latest from scubapro tec customer services:

"Hello Koos,
Thank you for your email regarding the trimix upgrade.
There were two presentations on the trimix upgrade at DEMA. The process is being finalized and should be available after the Holidays.

Best Regards,
Jules Ganier
Scubapro Uwatec
Technical Services"

5 bucks they miss this newly revised updated date on the new date that was revised and updated at least 20 times before .

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

which year....holiday of 2011?
I do have more then 5 e amils from their costumer service centre, all with the same message....soon it will be avaible
The same for the new pressure sensor, they promissed them also a year ago....that was in in 2009 at BOOT show in Germany.

About testing...i do know that several divers recieved in the beginning of 2010 already a version for testing...they make a lot of test :shocked2:

No, there is no issue at all.
In fact i didnt hear any complain about bad quality or factorymistakes.
Uwatec is in Europe one of the top producers with high quality.

In case of the trimix...i think the problem is within the algorithme, the combination Buhlmann, Microbubbles, Deepstops and the addition He.

However i did heared that there was an accident in the laboratory and therefore all testings have been moved to France.

Jan

However i did heared that there was an accident in the laboratory and therefore all testings have been moved to France.

That might explain some delays. Between their already short work weeks and their protests to retire before most become hyperopia, I am not surprised at all. :D

They are on the process of beta testing as we speak. I was told by my rep that the thing slowing this down is a lack of testers. So if you want to see this upgrade happen, are an experienced Trimix diver and own a Sol, head down to your authorized dealer and ask if your area is still accepting divers for the test process. You might get lucky!!

They are on the process of beta testing as we speak. I was told by my rep that the thing slowing this down is a lack of testers. So if you want to see this upgrade happen, are an experienced Trimix diver and own a Sol, head down to your authorized dealer and ask if your area is still accepting divers for the test process. You might get lucky!!

Well, it's very reassuring that the largest producer of scuba gear in the world does not know any tec divers. Once again, the Sol is a recreational computer only...

Last edited:
Scott, Uwatec used to be independent -- ScubaPro bought them. I do not think they are integrated, but that ScubaPro sees them as an independent subsidiary.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom