Galileo Trimix?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It seems that we have another delay here... But it gets more and more certain that something comes out. Look at this [german] magazine. Pages 26 & 27.. I translated with Google and seem to understand that they are looking for trimix divers owning Sol to beta-test one thousand dives..

The URL is tauchen.de SLASH szenepost (sorry but I'm not allowed to paste it...)

Any believer left??

Cheers,
Bubling

Last edited:
The only thing that "gets more and more certain" is that Uwatec cannot live up to any dates they set (at least) with regard to the Galileo line.. And I certainly wouldn't want to be one of their "beta testers" if the only computer I was using was a SOL, etc.. Maybe if my Liquivisions were riding shotgun to compare and fall back on.. Maybe..

yeah, no kidding.. diving the "beta" software by itself is a bad idea.. I'm also looking at only diving it as a "backup" to my Liquivision..

I'm not sure I personally fully trust scubapro algorithms yet after that defective Aladin dive computer algorithm snafu.. It was a 7 year cover-up where a few divers got bent and only after an internal leaked doc/email they eventually did a recall.

Corporate cover up exposed divers to grave risk / Company kept computer defect secret for 7 years, according to Oakland lawsuit

IIRC, it was the Uwatec engineer Ernst Völlm (now Uemis CTO) that finally made the suits at Johnson Outdoors recall the computer..

I guess thats also a good reason for them being completely gun-shy about this trimix update... they dont need another lawsuit or public relations nightmare.. so I guess thats at least a good thing and a reason not to rush delivery..

Hoping for the best with this Trimix and Scubapro saga, but it doesnt bode well at the moment.. :(

---

Last edited:
i dont want to start an discussion about the accidents in the past, but as it is mentioned here i give also a bit of my view....did they ( the "divers" in the article)ever hearded about thinking diver? to hop in an aereplane justb because a piece of electronic tells you that you can do ...... Didnt they haved a proper dive education ?
A computer is a backup, nothing more nothing less.

ok iam not defending uwatec, what they did is wrong.
At the other hand, wasnt there also a similar thing from the Ford SUV in connection with tyres...so please dont buy a ford anymore.

I did made a good talk yesterday at BOOT in Germany, they explained me why it took so long...and the reason is the USA with their laws. As producer you have to make a lot of test, write a manual for complete dummies and dont forget to write down that it isnt safe to dry the computer in a microwave. :wink:
Please dont misunderstand me, it is good to have rules and test hower as producer it is hard bring out an product on the american market...i wouldnt do it.

Back to to the trimix, an dutch trimix instructor do have the betasoftware for a year now !!! he tested in Blue Hole Dahab Egypt to 100 meters dive and said the software is good a bit more conservatism as buhlmann GF 15/85 on the complete dive just a few minutes longer in the water as if you planned the dive with GAP.

Did made also a talk to UEMIS CEO, yes their trimix update will be released soon, june 2011....so what algorithm will be inside :wink:

Reactions: Jax
a quick update: Uwatec has mailed the codes for the Trimix Software today to those who registered as tester. Will do the update later tonight and a first dive on Saturday.

seems like they are getting some momentum with more delays.. people who ordered the upgrade from divelife.co.uk got this message today:

"Hi,

Unfortunately we have been informed by our manufacturers that the upgrade will not be available until the start of March. Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Many thanks,

Chris Sheath
DiveLife"

So, the first dive is in, a leisurely trip to 75m for 20min. Computer was running on MB0 and was giving a deco profile in line with my expectations of a baseline Bühlmann, with the first stop at 21m. Modifying the accent profile to have virtual 1min stops beginning in the 60m to 50m range (effectively reducing accent speed to 3m/min) did add the extra minute to the shallow stops, again in line with what was to be expected.

Jürgen

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom