Garmin entering the dive industry?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have no direct experience, i just thought the water is mostly not moving there. My mistake..

In general terms, almost all US caves have flow. Some have very little, but all the ones I can think of have SOME. Some have enough flow to be pretty uncomfortable.....like some caves literally can't be entered when the flow is up and others literally require ski ropes to pull yourself in.

It's not constant, either, axially or radially (for lack of better terms). So there are a few options for drift compensation, but it certainly adds to the cost and complexity....and most will add to the post-processing necessary.

Thank you victor.

Does anybody have info on how the metal band extension feature works? Would it be something I could use to wear on my bare arm normally and extend to work with a wetsuit (I wear a 7mm)? Am I crazy to even take a metal band underwater? Or should I just get the sillicone band verion, is it comfortable on the arm above water? I wish sombody actually had both versions in stock somewhere so I could touch and feel.

I use one of these on each of my watch-style computers:

NITROX-17 ~

I don't want any possibility of a broken strap pin letting my computer fall off. I always imagine sticking my hand through a hole somewhere then jerking it back and having the computer catch on the edge of the hole. I know. Extremely unlikely. But, this style band IS more secure and it does make me feel better. And, long enough to work just fine whether my arm is bare or I'm wearing a drysuit.

I use one of these on each of my watch-style computers:

NITROX-17 ~

I don't want any possibility of a broken strap pin letting my computer fall off. I always imagine sticking my hand through a hole somewhere then jerking it back and having the computer catch on the edge of the hole. I know. Extremely unlikely. But, this style band IS more secure and it does make me feel better. And, long enough to work just fine whether my arm is bare or I'm wearing a drysuit.

I always imagine sticking my hand through a hole somewhere then jerking it back and it's missing fingers.

Back
Top Bottom