Gary D.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I had a staph and strep infection at one time that lasted for about 3 months. First it was a small rash that i took antibiotics for, then it somehow got into a small cut, and turned into a cyst, which then turned out to be a pilonidal cyst (basically a cyst with a tract that would drain out through an opening about 6 inches away from the actual cyst). went to a giants game, and the cyst actually popped and drained all the puss. went to the doctor the next day, and they said the cyst was about the size of a golf ball so they lanced it. had it removed bout a month later. they said that if the puss got into my blood system i would've been in the hospital for a long time.

glad it wasnt anything serious gary, and get back into the water

Hey Gary:
How are you doing??? Havent heard from ya in a couple of days. I hope you are recovering well.

Jim

Day 19 (Thurs):

Nothing much has happened over the past 6 days and for the first time in my life I’m doing exactly what the doctor ordered.:wink: Been down 22+ hours a day with the arm elevated as much as one can elevate a frickin arm. Taking the meds ON TIME and Wobbles is documenting everything.

I’m eating a bit better and the internal parts started working once I got off the pain meds.

We went to the doc today. He looked it over and said “There is a remarkable improvement and we saved the arm”. Just hearing that about plugged me up all over again thinking how close I was to being a tri-pod.:11:

I finish off the antibiotics at 0630 tomorrow then go to a high dose anti-inflammatory for what sounds like quite a while. I have an area about 6” long and the width of my forearm from my elbow towards my wrist that is as hard as a rock. Time will tell on that one.

He wants me using the sling but to start using, NOT abusing the arm for little things. I go back next Thursday (Day 26) to see him again. Maybe light duty for a while after that visit.

I put my arms side by side and they look like they are from two different people 20 years apart. There’s lots of loose skin on the left one.

Yesterday I found out that my neighbors to the east were at the hospital during the same time I was. Seems that her mother had a serious staph infection in her elbow. Small world.

Other than that not much has happened. Got a new team pager and we are setting all kinds of snow records. We had a normal winter worth of snow just in January. Neither one is doing me a darn bit of good at this point.

I was up for 5.5 hours today and like last week it about kicked my butt. :mooner: Tomorrow I’ll increase it a bit and keep working on it. When I hit my limit every joint in my body hurts. How in the world do lazy people just lay around all the time?

Anyway, I on the mend, I want to get back to work and diving. This prison camp sucks but I see a bondsman at the end of the tunnel.:D

Gary D.

Well, you picked a good tme to be out of the water, that's for sure. The water is going from icy and freezing to freezing cold and run-off dirty.

Oh, wait. You guys like freezing dirty water.

Never mind.

You can be a butthead at times. :D Say "HI" to P for us and we may need a White House deco in a couple of weeks when I can go back to a normal diet.

Have you seen that poor guy I saw at the pool? I need to apologize to him.

Time to go for another horizontal deco. I hope it lasts all night.

Gary D.

Hi Gary,

Had about the same last summer, in the right calf.
I'm left with a 4 x 12 inches area that's hard as rock.
It seems it's was the place bacteria did the most damage.
The toxins they secrete is like rattlesnake venom.
It kills the muscle cells. I posted last august on this.
My calf is still bigger than the other by about 10 percent.
Still with a red skin patch that I expect to have a long time.
The hardness is still mostly there but it's separated in patches.
It should dissipate in time. I spent my horizontal time reading up on SB and
everywhere else about diving :D.
You probably got a tiny shard of wood in your skin.

It's good to see you are surrounded by good people and close friends.
A special appreciation to those in the health field who are so devoted.

Take care and all the best to you.

Have you seen that poor guy I saw at the pool? I need to apologize to him.

Yup. I've updated him on you. He enjoyed your conversation - probably more than you did.

Yes, we WILL do the WH!

Holy crap!! I haven't read this thread since I posted a while ago. You dodged a big one there bud. I'm glad you are getting better.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom