Gary D.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok sooo.. what was it? Did I miss that part?

Nope didn't miss anything. Maybe he is holding out on us... darn it! Patience is wearing thing :wink: Bacterial infection of the blood?? Hrmmm.

Someone go get him out of that horizontal position and ask him. Anyone know Wobble's phone number :14::D

You didn’t miss anything except they don’t know what it was. They suspect it was either, Staph, Strep or a combination of the two.:confused:

The infection stayed out of my blood stream. They didn’t want to risk getting a sample and possibly inducing it into my blood.

The two IV’s I had were so incompatible that if they mixed in my blood there would be a chemical reaction that would have eliminated the need for any more treatments.

Any way with them being cautious and very aggressive at the same time it worked and saved my bacon.

I go back to the doc in the morning for a check up. Might learn more then. Starting to get some food down so that may help as well.

Wobbles called AFLAC today. Sounds like some bills are going to get paid off. :D

Back to deco

Gary D.

Thanks for filling us in Gary. Hope you get some sleep tonight and a little more food in ya as well.

Jeeze Gary, that sucks. :hugs: Drop me a line if you need anything.. Im told its about 5 hours to where your at... but Id do it gladly if you needed something!

The infection stayed out of my blood stream. Gary D.
Whew! I was getting real worried there. Good to hear your descriptive knack hasn’t suffered.
Elbow infections can be quite bothersome in the long range scheme of things. Be a good boy and do what they tell ya.
Best whishes for no more doweling!:D

Day Thirteen (Fri):

We went to the doc this morning for a follow-up. He was pleased with the progress and said at least another 7 days on the oral antibiotics. He also added that I was to NOT use my arm for anything at all, period for at least the next 7 days.:11:

Appetite is starting to come back a bit and other areas are starting to work a little.

He added that this was the second worse infection of this type they have ever seen at the hospital. The other victim made a full recovery as well.

Doc said the antibiotics I got after being admitted to the hospital were the biggest guns they have. I wasn’t on them long enough to do kidney damage but they didn’t want me to have one bag more than I needed. The one I’m now is much milder.

I was up for a total of 5 hours today and feel like I got a type 2 hit. On the way home from the doc we stopped at the store. About 20 minutes after arrival I had to just sit down on the floor. Felt like a local drunk but I just couldn’t stay up any more.:shelli:

I did a 5 hour horizontal deco when I got home and I’m still exhausted.

Back to deco mode.

Hey Kayla, is that second person in the pic the reason for your move?:eyebrow:

Gary D.

Gary you better not go sneaking behind your doctor's back and using that arm before you're given the all clear. If you do something stupid that makes you end up losing it I'm going to show up and beat you over the head with it after they take it off.

Get some rest and take good care of yourself!
Ber :lilbunny:

Gary D.

Go ahead Kayla tell him how you and your honey are officially shacked up together :wink1:

Gary thanks for the laughs but seriously I am glad you are on the mend.

Day Thirteen (Fri):

Gary D.

Go ahead Kayla tell him how you and your honey are officially shacked up together :wink1:

Gary thanks for the laughs but seriously I am glad you are on the mend.

Dude, Im SO busted. :rofl3:

Gary.. yep, he sure is. Im not sure why else I would re-locate to the Tri-Cities. Its not like there is a lot of stuff here for me to be attracted to! :wink: :wink:

Glad to hear your feeling better... dont push yourself too hard, give this one time to heal, ok??

Hows the arm doing gary? I fell on my knee a few years ago and broke the burser sack on the knee, it took two weeks to start to get better. they drained it twice and then they put it in a cast for a week.Try driving a van with your right leg in a cast.
grumpie.......

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom