Gauge mode in seconds

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scuba.mne

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Does anybody knows which computers run their gauge mode in seconds,only interested in normal bulky size ones ,not watch style,
And does any of these does seconds in gauge suunt vyper ,normal vyper,i know air does, and oceanic veo 3.0 ?

sent from inner peace

As far as I know, none of the Oceanic does second in gauge mode. Vyper air does, normal Vyper I dont think so. Scubapro 2G also does, it is probably the cheapest with this feature.

Petrel's gauge mode is MM:SS, as is its gage mode stopwatch feature. In computer mode, it shows time in minutes only, but has a seconds loading bar underneath the time, so you can watch minutes tick by.'

I'm with beano, though: nothing about anything any of us are doing underwater is precise enough for seconds to matter. We could probably round up or down to the nearest 5 minutes-mark and not change the outcomes much. If you really care, just add 1 to whatever minutes are ever displayed and you'll get the same effect.

I find it convenient to have seconds displayed if you're doing a low, slong ascent from a technical dive with lots of 1 minutes 'stops' (in reality, 30 second stops and 30 second moves up 3m). Yes you can do it on minutes, I have, and you round it out the same, but it's still nice not to sit there staring at your counter waiting for it to tick over... For dives like these I used to use a BT (mins) and a dive watch for the seconds. Now I usually use my X1 which does both.

So does the X1 show MM:SS in computer mode as well? or just in gauge mode?

Both

To clarify, X1 is the hardware, the functions are controlled by the software - you can install different software programs. My comments are about MultiDeco software:

MD displays hours, minutes and seconds in both gauge mode and deco mode/s. In gauge mode it displays elapsed time, depth and average depth only; no deco info. I don't run mine in gauge mode as I don't see any reason not to have the deco info displayed, even if I choose to ignore it.

Tortuga knows why i need it ,so vyper air as cheapest solution then :) and ill check that sg2

sent from inner peace

Back
Top Bottom