g'day y'all

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

G'Day from New Zealand, (probably the closest thing to being another token Aussie, but not quite).
Enjoy these boards, everyone is really helpful and keen to listen. Heard plenty of stories about diving in Sydney, seems very easy to find decent shore diving around the harbour.
Later

Have a look at New Zealand if you get the chance, I hear crazy comments like: the viz is bad today, only 20 metres.

While that is true in a lot of the sites up North, it's not always the case. The Poor Knights Islands and other islands off the Coromandel are renowned for crystal clear vis, but a lot of our coastal diving is very dependent on the fickle weather patterns that go with being a maritime country. Vis can be awesome one minute, then turn to custard in the time it takes you to dry your hair.
All in all, the diving here is awesome, with a huge variety of sites and conditions. If you are planning on heading this way, give me a shout.
Happy diving

I have wanted to visit New Zealand for some time, just to have go on some of the fastest bowling greens in the world. When I heard about diving and the poor 20m viz I was drooling. I like to watch a game of rugby, I am also fond of vintage cars.
Perhaps one day I will stump up the money and lounge on that hundred mile beach. Who knows I may even engage in the national sport of bungy jumping:D

hey Kahawai,
u like rugby? well big match this friday for my local side, the stormers, against the blues. where are you from? should be a cracker because the stormers have to win with 4 tries and the blues want to push for a high top 4 place.
good luck come the weekend,
kia ora
james

I'm up on the North Shore, where are you located.

Do most of my diving between Manly and Palm Beach, like to use Atlantis Divers, getting too old for clambering over the side of rubber duckies after a lazy dive on the Goliath.

Got a favourite Dive shop?

Get in touch, if you need a buddy sometime before it gets too cold. Wouldn't minf doing the shark caves below Long Bay prison.

AusWiz

Hey James,
Yep, I'm a rugby fan alright (isn't everyone?), I'm living in Wellington, (home of the Hurricanes) but I'm originally from down south (home of the Highlanders), so I obviously support those teams first. It's a shame the teams from SA haven't had a good Super 12 this year, although I'm sure the 'Box will put up a good fight. My money is on a Crusaders win, although the Warratahs should do pretty well too.
Really looking forward to the Tri Nations, in my opinion the best sporting competition in the world (sorry, everybody not from NZ, SA, or Australia), but that's just my opinion.
Kia Ora
:blfish:

hey Kahawai,
well my support for the stormers still stands even though we are entrenched in the bottom half. it was quite a weekend for the hurricanes and highlanders. the hurricanes against the highlanders was the best i had seen in a long while and the waratahs can count themselves very lucky (cullen and lomu) for the win. they have lost nathan grey for the rest of the year though. the highlanders also did well against the brumbies.
ya, the super 12 rocks and cant wait for tri-nations. SA normally play in Perth for some strange reason so i wont get to see them here in sydney, but try get me away from the bledisloe clash in the olympic stadium!!!
best of luck in the semis from yr local japie mate,
James

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom