Gear Addict!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have 2 sets of doubles, 6 alum 80s a 19 & 32 ponies, 3 or 4 bc's & lots of regulators. Hey, gotta have back ups right:D

gonna go through & get rid of a bunch of the stuff I don't need/use.

Well I don't know if it's an addiction. I just by the gear I absolutely need. I did however have to recently rent a storage locker to hold my gear because it doesn't all fit in the garage any more.... :)

Well I don't know if it's an addiction. I just by the gear I absolutely need. I did however have to recently rent a storage locker to hold my gear because it doesn't all fit in the garage any more.... :)

No, that's not an addiction....but once you can open your own LDS...then.....:wink:

Two words. Ohhhh, Shiney!!

I understand how you feel. I just got my first setup, but I had to wait 4 days for my gear to arrive at the LDS and I was in everyday hopeing that it had arrived. Not sure the owner was glad to see me after the second day.

What makes it worse is that every day I went, I bought something else.

Oh, man. I remember when I got my first set-up. "I'm done!" I though, I'll never need another piece of gear. Oh, how blissful ignorance is. In the last couple of months, I've had to get 2 sets of doubles, deco bottles, deco reg, lift bags, drysuit.... And now I'm eyeing a submerge scooter. And once I start diving trimix, it would only make sense to set up my only filling/ blending station, right? Right? Anyone?

I'm not addicted, I can quit anytime I want. I just don't want to. Besides it's a safety issue, we need top notch new shiney gear to be safe when we go deep and cold. At least that's what I told myself when I ordered 2 new regs last week, bringing my regulator count up to 7.

Your just an amateur, you don't turn Pro until you cross the magic 25 regulator line in the sand.

N

Diving, like so many other sports, is really just a good excuse to buy more cool stuff (well, okay, the diving itself is pretty cool too). There's nothing quite like the lead-up to the next trip, when you start doing the gear inventory to find out just what really "must" be replaced or upgraded before the trip, or your trip will suffer. My wife thinks that before we went to Wakatobi, my gear buying binge would carry us through the next few years of our diving. Hah!!! Just watch me before the next trip!

I'm waiting with baited breath for my new canister light to arrive :D

As for diving with people who are gear addicts, it's great!

I did a couple of dive with some folks and I love hearing things like "Don't worry about bringing tanks, we'll lend you a 130. Oh you don't have a can light? We've got a spare around here for you to use."

Good stuff :D

I have every piece of gear I'll never need.

Me too, but I still keep buying more! Part of why many of us enjoy scuba is the gadgets and equipment. For some its as enticing as the underwater world itself (the sick ones).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom