Gear Addict!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Man its like Christmas in November!

I just bought two brand spanking new LP 108 tanks and cant stop smiling. I dont know what it is but everytime I buy a new piece of gear it feels like I'm on crack or something.

Can anyone else relate or is it just me :D

most of my gear is between 5 to 10yrs old (except for drysuit i got for wedding anniversay this year).... the only thing im hanging out for is to find "the" dive knife for me...... just havent found the right one yet - still looking, still hassling other divers to show me theirs, still looking at dive shops but so far no luck in figuring out and then finding what i want

fun looking in the meantime :wink:

most of my gear is between 5 to 10yrs old (except for drysuit i got for wedding anniversay this year).... the only thing im hanging out for is to find "the" dive knife for me...... just havent found the right one yet - still looking, still hassling other divers to show me theirs, still looking at dive shops but so far no luck in figuring out and then finding what i want

DZKnife.jpg
:wink:

I'm waiting with baited breath for my new canister light to arrive :D
Cool ... what'd ya get?

As for diving with people who are gear addicts, it's great!

I did a couple of dive with some folks and I love hearing things like "Don't worry about bringing tanks, we'll lend you a 130. Oh you don't have a can light? We've got a spare around here for you to use."

Good stuff :D
Tell me about it ... yesterday I loaned out a spare BP/W and tank ... today I'm loaning out a spare wing and can light. And ... karma happens ... Peter loaned me his X-scooter while he's in Hawaii ... :lotsalove:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Cool ... what'd ya get?

Salvo 10 W. I couldn't justify to 21 W. :)

I've also been eying some steel tanks. But I'm doing a fair bit of math on that as if I'm buying tanks the _overall_ weight has to be less than me in AL80s. HP100's come close, but I'd only save 6 lbsoverall when empty. That's an expensive way to save 6 lbs...

And I don't trim out 1/2 bad with the 80s (and they have the right amount of gas for the dives I'm doing).

Being an analytical gear junkie is a tough thing I tell you. I have to actually _justify_ my purchases to myself! :lotsalove: :dork2:

Perhaps one of these would do?

DSCF0283.jpg

N

Back
Top Bottom