Gear Labels

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
Chris_D

Chris_D

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Can anyone recommend a source for adhesive equipment labels, preferably one that ships internationally?

www.divinglabels.com appears to have gone out of business, and Amazon wants ~US$75 (and two months' lead-time) for a single sheet of labels

Thanks in advance!

Just heard from Ray, other than Covid difficulties still doing well, business recovering, here is his email to me
Hi Lex,

The rumors you have heard of our demise have been greatly exaggerated. :)

We are still in business. Of course Covid really hurt us bad. Prior, we were getting about 300+ a month just here in the Philippines and in addition our online orders. Here in the PI orders just stopped with no tourism and local lockdowns. But we still were getting online orders. The problem then was getting them out as we were locked down for 2 months and mail systems around the world were all screwed up. In addition there were just not enough flights to take all the mail. As soon as our 2 month hard lockdown ended we tried to mail out about 100 orders. They apparently never went anywhere. We had to do them again. An immediate loss of about 2k dollars. We made it through and business is beginning to pick up. Still only about 30% of pre covid.

Here in the PI mail is still very unreliable. What we do is bundle the orders and send them to our contact in the US and he in turn puts them into the USPS. We send them to him by LBC/DHL express. Works pretty well.

Thanks
Ray

where to put them, any hard surface works and they last forever it seems
back plate
B117DC8E-F718-4A08-B595-A830E37311AA.jpeg

tank
46B60031-7332-4244-9B2F-23D8043193F6.jpeg

lights
153F9D8A-BE3C-43AF-A7BB-2A65356D609D.jpeg

they will also do custom logo’s
4E74D186-A785-49BA-8B00-C619F996CF60.jpeg

regs
98B74938-FDF1-4163-8357-F7BB48DFBE07.jpeg

and they also include some for generic use, a lot of stuff for the $$
ACFE60D9-32D8-4623-AEBC-71F71C9E3A9A.jpeg

Why do you think this? Their website is up-and-running.
Email them at info@divinglabels.com if you have a question.
I've tried multiple brands/sources; DivingLabels are the best, and are the only ones I've found with rounded corners to mitigate peeling off by accident.
I contacted the owner and they are still in business, just backed up by COVID and the various mail systems throughout the world. I'll post his response to me once he gives me permission.

I recently purchased from divinglabels.com and had no issues. Delivery took two weeks from the order date.... I also use them for a lot of stuff other than dive gear like Kindle, Airpods case, Cell phone, Laptop, etc, etc.

One tip is when you customize the labels on the order page, just use your first name and then add your cell number as if it was your last name. That way if someone finds your lost item you have a much better chance of getting it back!

HGK99yJ.jpg

Whatever happened to the waterproof tags from desktop label makers? Brother or Dymo?

Sure, you don't get a cool dive flag, but I could probably suffer through that humiliation.

We have used them on gear for years without issue -- and the "newest" tags on my FFMs are over six years old . . .

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom