Gear Transport

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice set-up....Out of curiosity what do you use the ones standing up in the corner for????:wink:...just kidding

BTW, the Stanley boxes make great wash tanks as well.

That is great thinking...in Mar 2009 in Cozumel. One morning, half a dozen people showed up on the boat with their big suitcases and only started dressing up when we were under way. We had to slalow through these suitcases to get to and from the boat transom....very interesting indeed. And they saw nothing wrong despite the look they got from everybody else.

In my vehicle...Rubbermaid container and mesh carrying bag
on airplane...diving suitcase
on charter boats...mesh carrying bag only
we just got back from a trip where the first mate kept his equipment in a 5 gallon bucket that wouldnt fit anywhere and his fins and s#$t where scattered everywhere. The wife and I were in disbelief of the lack of consideration a crew memeber.

What size tanks are those? Are those the BCD straps coming through from inside?
The one on the larger box is a HP100 and the other is a HP80. Yes, those are old camstraps coming through slots I cut in the tops.

I used a very large very strong black box. Similiar to the Stanley one shown earlier. I then made a quick disconnect to hold it to the floor of the truck bed. Once the box is locked shut with a padlock it cannot be removed. Works great because once the gear is wet I can simply lock it in there and not worry if I have to stop on the way back or leave it back thee while I am at work.

Handy for other stuuf during the nondiving season. I can post pics if needed. The whole cost was about $30.

Thanks for all the great suggestions! I ended up with a stanley box for main gear holding (i liked the little compartments on the insert it comes with) and I got a little 36qt rubbermaid roughneck which I will use to carry my stuff on board (it is small and can fit in a very small place). I keep my fins on the top of the rubbermaid with two bungie cords, and that way I can keep stuff that is small and losable with me easily while leaving my large stuff setup for the dive.

Again, thanks so much for the ideas!

-ddd

When I used an explorer for my transporting my gear I purchased the plastic bins and always put towels in the bottom of it in the event they had a crack develop. Since then I purchased a pick up truck and it works wanders for me now.

If you use a truck mesh bags work wonders!!!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom