Gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My fully packed roller duffel dive bag with a full set of gear (except tank and weights), spares, clothes for 2 weeks (assuming 1 load of laundry), shoes, toiletries, first aid kit...Weighs 24kg.

We are also able to have full gear (bcd, wetsuit, boots, fins, dive bag) plus clothing and toiletries for 1 week just under 50lbs each.

Regs, computers, masks, meds, gopros, lights go in carry on.

We have two eastpak tranverz size L... every year we flight to indo for one month, every trolley is packed with a full gear(5mm wetsuit, fins, boots, travel bcd, regulator, two mask, spare parts, sticks) and all the clothing and toiletries plus batteries and chargers.... every year the weight of each trolley was between 22 and 26kg... usually my wife have the lighter one.... but i have also the photography backpack, my heavy nightmare.... housing, camera, lenses, ports, flash, some small stuff and my 13inch laptop... my carry on weight 10kg without the laptop... ;-)

On a recent trip (not Indo) my wife and I could just barely keep our checked bags to 23kg (50 lbs.) each and carry-ons to 10kg (22 lbs.). (Yes, they weighed our carry-ons.) I'd say the weight problem on this particular trip was due to water temp (5 mm suits and vests), choice of steel plates to offset those thick suits, some backup items (spare masks, parts, etc.), and street/athletic gear for a non-diving leg of our trip. Among the items we really wanted to bring but decided not to in favor of the more utilitarian items were a camera--yep, not even a GoPro on this trip--and a PLB/canister. We finally decided to get all responsible and buy a PLB, only to make the decision at the last minute to leave it behind due to weight.

But for a 1-week diving-only trip to the tropics, weight limits shouldn't be a problem.

Well yeah, my camera backpack weighs...more than it should for carry-on. But my dive kit comes in way under 30kg. It does beg the question - WTF is Bill packing? :eek:

I think he travels with an 30 cu ft. pony bottle . That weighs about 10 kilos. Knock that out and they are far more reasonable.

Bill- why the big pony bottle?

Back
Top Bottom