General Vortex Incident Discussion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll buy you a steak dinner if you can show me where I said that. Heck, I'll even buy you a dessert.

I don't remember voting on that, Matt. :popcorn:

Its OK, I voted for you :mooner:

I wonder when Ben got those shiny mk25s... Before or after the class. I sure would like to ask the instructor. Maybe he could comment on how Ben did in class, or his attitude, or what was really said or taught, or what gear he used.

What does the instructor have to do with regulator purchases? I'm going to go out on a wild limb here and guess he had those regulators previous to buying DIN HP130 tanks.

Not one person has come up with a reason of why he signed up for the class other than "because he wanted to". That clears it up... My question is "why". Why did he need two tanks? Why SM? The instructor might be able to fill us in, here.

Because thats a question for Ben, we can't speak for him. Its obvious he was interested in cave diving. Its also obvious that OW SM courses aren't cave diving courses.

Just in case you haven't noticed, there is a lot of questionable stuff going on in north Florida. It hasn't exactly been light on fatalities in recent years. Perhaps we need to unroll the blueprints and see where the flaw is.

Couple people a year?

Clearly something was amiss in the training. Did you watch the videos? Did he even "pass" his SM class? What defines passing?

I wonder when Ben got those shiny mk25s... Before or after the class. I sure would like to ask the instructor. Maybe he could comment on how Ben did in class, or his attitude, or what was really said or taught, or what gear he used.

Not one person has come up with a reason of why he signed up for the class other than "because he wanted to". That clears it up... My question is "why". Why did he need two tanks? Why SM? The instructor might be able to fill us in, here.

Just in case you haven't noticed, there is a lot of questionable stuff going on in north Florida. It hasn't exactly been light on fatalities in recent years. Perhaps we need to unroll the blueprints and see where the flaw is.
Please enllighten us on the questionable stuff.

I'm just curious as to what Ben trained with, that's all. Did he go through his training with one din reg and one yoke reg? Is that kosher with his instructor? We'll never know....

Its a little more than two a year, and even that is unacceptable. Its supposed to be fun, right? I don't think dying is a fun activity for anyone.

The accident analysis forum also supports their statement. It's mainstream.

Ya mean like this 'one' event, which would have happened in BM doubles just as easily, or did you have others in mind?

5042267594_74b194cc71.jpg

Its a little more than two a year, and even that is unacceptable. Its supposed to be fun, right? I don't think dying is a fun activity for anyone.

Diving is an inheritantly dangerous sport, cave diving, moreso :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom