General Vortex Incident Discussion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
PfcAJ and ucfdiver

I would like to share a little wisdom from a guy named Samuel Clemens (Mark Twain) Basically he said: as a young man, he could not believe how stupid his father was, when he turned twenty five, he could not believe how much he had learned in such a short period of time.

Give it a couple of years and you may figure out the meaning.......

Ya, I'm just too young to figure it out...

at what age are you allowed to have these opinions? am I old enough?

When you can pick up a cat by the tail and come away unscathed.

It's OK to have your DIR/GUE - right vs. wrong opinions, just put them in another thread where those who dare can read them.

It's OK to have your DIR/GUE - right vs. wrong opinions, just put them in another thread where those who dare can read them.

fair enough. the age thing is a bit ridiculous though. these are two fairly experienced cave divers. young or old. to dismiss their opinions based on age is silly

Just a question to throw out there as I've only been to Vortex a few times and dont really know the area......
Is it a possibility that the sheriff is bowing to what the family wants because they have money?? I realize Memphis isnt exactly New York City, but some folks from rural Florida might see them as a little higher up on the social ladder and be afraid to go against there wishes, even if they have better knowledge (from the actual cave divers) to the contrary. It just seems to me if this was a local who had gone missing that the amount of resources that have been called in and taxpayer dollars that have been used wouldnt have been as great. Just wondering when this investigation might actually make it to the "closed" or "unsolved" column instead of still "active".

ScubaNurse: They definitely seem to be going out of their way to appease the family, but I'm guessing it has little to do with money. They are probably still actively pushing the case for the same reason all of us are still following the accident. It's a mystery and we all want to know what happened. In addition, Law Enforcement also has a professional obligation to exhaust all reasonable options before they close the case. What is 'reasonable' is up for debate, but this might be their one of their most high profile case going at the moment. After all, this isn't taking place in a some big city.

Just a question to throw out there as I've only been to Vortex a few times and dont really know the area......
Is it a possibility that the sheriff is bowing to what the family wants because they have money?? I realize Memphis isnt exactly New York City, but some folks from rural Florida might see them as a little higher up on the social ladder and be afraid to go against there wishes, even if they have better knowledge (from the actual cave divers) to the contrary. It just seems to me if this was a local who had gone missing that the amount of resources that have been called in and taxpayer dollars that have been used wouldnt have been as great. Just wondering when this investigation might actually make it to the "closed" or "unsolved" column instead of still "active".

I believe that's part of it, that and. They just don't know how to proceed with other possibilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom