Geo Computer resets time and date???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mitsuguy

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I have a Geo computer, about a year old... I have changed the battery a couple times in it and never had a problem...

About a week or two ago, I noticed that the Geo had reset its date and time to 1.1 2006 00:00 All of my dives and data remained stored, and I even think nitrogen loading stayed as well...

Since then, it has done this a few times... Although the low battery indicator was not on, I decided to change the battery anyways... It has seemed to make it happen less often, but it has still happened twice since the battery was replaced... I cleaned the battery contacts and ensured it was a good snug fit, although it is acting like the battery was removed for a split second, then put back in...

it is getting quite annoying, and I dive on average 3-4 times per day... I just don't want to have it fail whilst out on a dive... I e-mailed Oceanic a few days ago, but have not received a response just yet...

Anyone else have anything similar happen?

I bought my Geo in Nov/ 07 . Just recently in May my Geo for some reason decided to reset itself to 1.1 2006 00:00. All of my dives and data remained stored, and my nitrogen loading stayed also . The battery indicator does not display a low battery warning . This occured above water in between dives . I just contacted Oceanic US ( although i may have to contact the Canadian distb)

I bought my Geo in Nov/ 07 . Just recently in May my Geo for some reason decided to reset itself to 1.1 2006 00:00. All of my dives and data remained stored, and my nitrogen loading stayed also . The battery indicator does not display a low battery warning . This occured above water in between dives . I just contacted Oceanic US ( although i may have to contact the Canadian distb)

That's exactly what mine did / does... It is not happening as often now, maybe once in the past week. I switched to a different brand battery, and it still did it...

Oceanic has given me an RA #, but it's hard to send it in being that I am in the water 4-5x a day, almost every single day...

On a dive last week (dive 5 of 11 for the week), my Veo250 turned itself off while I was looking at it at 101 ft, about 9 min into the dive. Screen went blank. While I was pushing buttons and ascending, it turned back on, registering 89 ft. The first 9-10 min of the dive were lost, with the dive memory starting at 89 ft of depth. The calender was reset to 1-1-2003 and the time-of-day clock to midnight. I've had this computer for about 4 yrs with no other problem. FWIW, my wife has the same computer and went to 99 ft on the same dive. Her computer has never shown this problem. I should say, too, that the computer performed normally after this one dive. I just had to re-set the ToD clock and calendar.

Well kudos to Oceanic ( USA ) for their very prompt email replies and quick turnaround in replacing my unit. Not so good was the total lack of response from the Oceanic Canadian distributer ??
I am still curious to know what the problem was with the computer though, but overall very good customer service from Oceanic ! Thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom