George Town, Exuma Dive Operators?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You all might want to check with someone at Explorer and see if they know of any trips for ya. I am scheduled to go in January but I am going to arrive on Saturday and keep my fingers crossed that my gear makes it. I am flying directly from Atlanta on Delta and will assume my luggage will be on the plane. Will carry on my reg,computer and mask just in case.

Bruce
Oh, as much as we're going to dive with Explorer, it won't bother me to miss diving that Saturday. That non-stop jet flight from Atlanta on Saturdays is appealing, and you're more likely to have your bags accompany you okay on the CRJ than on the props flying in every day from FLL and MIA. I'd still carry everything I could in my roll-on and backpack (personal bag) allowed, and then still stress to the check-in agent that you're sailing that night - if your bags are not on that plane you won't see them for a week. S/he can put priority tags on them if s/he wants to, so as to reduce the liability of the airline should they not make it when you do. I guess they still are liable for $100 US per day on late bags? I bought a lot of free T-shirts and shorts that way once on a Windjammer once when my bag was 5 days late. Another poor guy didn't have the extra money to spend on clothes for a later refund, wore the same T-shirt every day. :(

You know that you'll have to gate check your roll-on? Pad anything breakable well, carry cameras in your backpack. :wink:

Hi All,

I have just read through the posts regarding dive exuma/exuma scuba and would like to clarify some things.
dive exuma was taken over in july 2008 by Ms Chantal Lovell and the dive centre has been fully refurbished, new staff are here to cater for all diving/snorkelling needs,all the equipment has been serviced and new equipment purchased.
dive exuma is open 7 days a week, 8.30am - 5pm.
email:diveexuma@hotmail.com
phone: 1 242 336 2893
cell: 1 242 357 0313 (24hrs)

Dont just stand there!! come diving with us:D

Hi All,

I have just read through the posts regarding dive exuma/exuma scuba and would like to clarify some things.
dive exuma was taken over in july 2008 by Ms Chantal Lovell and the dive centre has been fully refurbished, new staff are here to cater for all diving/snorkelling needs,all the equipment has been serviced and new equipment purchased.
dive exuma is open 7 days a week, 8.30am - 5pm.
email:diveexuma@hotmail.com
phone: 1 242 336 2893
cell: 1 242 357 0313 (24hrs)

Dont just stand there!! come diving with us:D
Thanks! You should post more in the Market Place forum.

I would be interested in the same - a dive outfit to dive the Sat. before departure. I was just looking at the logistics of planning a trip on the Explorer. The flights are such that it makes sense to head over Fri night but that leaves Sat hoping to get a dive or two in. Let us know what you find out. Thanks. TK

Hey Guys. I used to live on my boat in Georgetown and run the dive boat for Exuma Fantasea when they were the dive shop there. As far as I know there are no dive shops there now. You could call the Peace and Plenty Beach Club. They had the dive operation you are talking about operating out of that facility. They may still have the compressor and some tanks up and running for their people.

There are some good dives around Exuma. There are actually 4 good blue hole dives around Exuma itself. I used to lead divers into all of them on a weekly basis. A couple of them are great for new divers without worrying about going in too far where you can't see without a light.

It's a shame there is not a dive operation down there right now.

The email addy posted by Dive-Exuma was messed up by a smilie. Correction is Diveexuma@hotmail.com - try that too.

Edit: I emailed them and got a reply back quickly...
Yes Dive Exuma is in operation. We wil be closed 25th and 26th December and then open again for the rest of this year and into 2010.
We are located in February Point, Georgetown, Exuma.

Regards

Dive Exuma

Last edited:
Hello all,

I would just like to confirm that Dive Exuma is open and operating.
We are based in February Point, Georgetown, Exuma and run dive trips daily, both in the morning and the afternoon.
We can be contacted by e-mail at diveexuma@hotmail.com or by phone at 1-242-357-0313 / 1-242-336-2893.
Our website is currently under renovation and we hope to have it online early in the new year.

Please contact us with any questions.

Regards

The Dive Exuma Team

Back
Top Bottom