Get your Hurricane Diver Specialty Certification this weekend...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This Sunday and Monday, Elena and I will be offering the incredibly rare Hurricane Diver Specialty Certification. Don't miss this opportunity to try your hand at:

• Fin pivots out of the water
  • Fish ID while looking out of your window
  • Boat bail outs
  • Water and food hoarding
  • Effective hunkering down
  • Creative hunkering down
  • Non-silting mop propulsion
  • Missile avoidance
  • How to board a residence (not the same as boarding a boat)
  • Light reading
  • Listening to weather briefings
  • Proper hand holds when the wind approaches 80mph
  • Optimal techniques for kissing your butt goodbye

Darn! Did not see this thread until nosebreathers and I evacuated Marathon yesterday morning otherwise I'd sign up. We're chillin' in Miami and enjoying the view from the hotel balcony.

None, thanks to ScubaSam I've added a Discover Hurricane Diving category for those nose-breathing family & friends who follow you to tropical destinations so you can dive while they lay out on the beach catching a tan. Their course only includes a taste of Hurricanes made with lite rum only (no aged, spiced, or dark rums) and they are not allowed to work the blender.

:rofl3::rofl3:

Nosebreathers and I would partake in lite rum more frequently if we did not have little kiddies with us. I'll let nosebreathers know they qualify for the Discover Hurricane Diving c-card....they will be thrilled to receive their c-cards. :D

Bummed we did not get a chance to hook up before we left the Keys. Thanks for all you help during the entire process. :hugs:

If Isaac peters out into just a tropical storm, does that mean the new cert will just be a basic card and one will have to wait for the next hurricane to receive the advanced (hurricane) card?

If my log books shows that I have been in a hurricane before (Rita '05) do I still have to go through another one with the instructor??

Good luck with the course - and the hurricane for those thatll be affected by it.

It hasn't become a hurricane... YET. We'll see what develops.
If Isaac peters out into just a tropical storm, does that mean the new cert will just be a basic card and one will have to wait for the next hurricane to receive the advanced (hurricane) card?

If my log books shows that I have been in a hurricane before (Rita '05) do I still have to go through another one with the instructor??

Prior experience helps but you still have to pay an instructor for the course to get the cert.

But like all other courses you can find an instructor that will "sell you" your cert even if you do not meet all the requirements.

I already logged a tropical storm, typhoon and tsunami dive.

Good luck with that hurricane specialty, this time I think I'd rather keep my breakfast in my stomach :)!

I have an idea...you can do the initial course in the Keys, then transfer over to see us in South Louisiana to catch "Part Deaux"...when Isaac will REALLY be a hurricane :D:D:D

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom