Getting a uwatec to display feet (not meters)?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mechdiver,

Someone that knows about CATs. Cool. My fiance works on a farm and loves those machines. The John Deers are a close second.
Eric

O-ring once bubbled...
the metric system is so convoluted and arbitrary that it doesn't make sense
I'm afraid you're right O-ring, only the freaks amongst us with 10 fingers (counting thumbs for the pedantic) can figure the silly thing out!

as far a i know you need the device that connects your Aladin to a PC - Uwatec calls it a memo mouse. It comes with two pieces of software - DataTrak allows you to track you profiles, etc and DataTalk lets you switch the settings such as metric/imperial, PO2 for Nitrox use (the default is 1.5 - i switched mine to 1.4)

You also get a choice of metric/imperial for the DataTrack. I grew up in a metric system, but do most of my diving in imperial, so i keep the computer in imperial and DataTrack in metric ;-)

good luck,

Vlada

diver42,

Were you talking about a Uwatec dive computer, or the Uwatec bottom timer? The assumption had been made in this thread that you meant the bottom timer, but Uwatec make computers too!

O-ring once bubbled...

This is one of those people... Never trust anything unless it is imperial..the metric system is so convoluted and arbitrary that it doesn't make sense. There is more fudge in the metric system than in Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory...steer clear...

Dont start a religious war by this....

i presume your remark is some kind of joke (although i dont understand it)

supervisor wrote...
Versprochen ist versprochen und wird nie gebrochen.
I take it this isn't one of Herr Schröder's quotes?

:wink:

O-ring once bubbled...

This is one of those people... Never trust anything unless it is imperial..the metric system is so convoluted and arbitrary that it doesn't make sense. There is more fudge in the metric system than in Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory...steer clear...

Hey O-ring I guess I am a bit unclear about your statement. Can you back it up with examples of how the metric systems is bad for diving? Are you saying that is does not work or you just cant understand it? Just curious...
Scubaxris

scubaxris,

O-ring is just being a troll - he just forgets to use smiley faces.

PS O-ring and Uncle Pug are two very different people! :) oh you edited that bit

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom