Getting started with minimalist diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It is so cool to me that we all dive such different setups. It seems like there is so much more to share and learn than when you all show up dressed exactly the same. Herman, I do concede that my girlfriend is better looking (that's one of the many reasons I like her). You take some pretty sweet pictures man, I remember how freaked some of the boat DMs looked when you were sitting there mid-water with your fancy camera and no BC on taking pictures like a champ in the Bahamas. There's just such a great collection of skilled divers in these small communities, and there is so much knowledge.

That was a lot of fun, can't wait to get back together and dive some more. Henry and myself are planning on being at SD VII, I think the wives are coming so the girls can have a reunion too.

Hmm. I guess I just joined the eclectic double hose crowd. I got a package from Bryan at VDH with my new long yoke and a chrome hookah/LP port adapter. I pulled the nozzle and swapped out the yokes and installed the adapter. Now, with a banjo adapter and a swivel LP tee, my DAAM has entered the 21st Century. If I need to, I can now have an SPG, BC inflator and octo (shudder) to satisfy even the most hardcore dive charter op.

Many thanks to Herman and Luis for some valuable advice.

Happy to help, now start saving your pennies and join us at Sand Dog in April, a lot of the names you see here will be there.

Hmm. I guess I just joined the eclectic double hose crowd. I got a package from Bryan at VDH with my new long yoke and a chrome hookah/LP port adapter. I pulled the nozzle and swapped out the yokes and installed the adapter. Now, with a banjo adapter and a swivel LP tee, my DAAM has entered the 21st Century. If I need to, I can now have an SPG, BC inflator and octo (shudder) to satisfy even the most hardcore dive charter op.

Many thanks to Herman and Luis for some valuable advice.

Paladin,
Don't worry. You're still vintage. A long yoke/banjo and hookah adapter are not eclectic. Both those air sources were used back in the day.

Back
Top Bottom