"Giant" Stride

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For the exit, I suggest kicking very hard and exiting like a penguin onto an ice flow.

I saw a video the other day of a penguin shooting out of the ice, landing on its feet, and just walking right on.

I always wonder how ridiculous they must think divers look trying to get out of the ice...

I saw a video the other day of a penguin shooting out of the ice, landing on its feet, and just walking right on.

I always wonder how ridiculous they must think divers look trying to get out of the ice...
If we had Leopard Seals and Orcas on our asses, we might learn to do that... :eek:

Looks like fun!

How is that dangerous? Just wondering.
1: Submerged hazards?

2: Head hits valve.

3: Loose your regulator, other gear coming lose.

4: Ears not pre-pressurized.

I thot it was fun.

Yeah I noticed that and found it amusing too. I actually wondered if it was a launch pad or a bullseye for the exit.... :D

R..

Looks like the last thing to kiss his ass goodbye from that jump.

A Giant Stride is not the proper entry technique to use in a situation like that. A high level/deep water entry, as Robert T. points out is the way to go. Either cross your legs or keep them tight together. Add a little over enough air in your BC to float you. Pre-charge your ears, secure your mask, reg, and hoses with one hand and put a bit of downward tension on your backpack/harness/BC with the other.

For the exit....you are on your own.

Couv

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom