"Giant" Stride

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I like the strawberry flavored Nitrox tank :D

Hard hat diving has it's advantages:
xdh_sm.jpg

I think I would want dual cambands.

Richard

Actually that resembles a few dives I did off a boat in Puerta Vajarta. It was at leasta 20 foot giant stride - maybe more. Oh, and after a caht with the so-called DM - told me he wasn't certified but was working onit. Not sure what certification he was seeking...

i dont think i was ever taught how to do the giant stride! the first time i did it was on a liverboard in australia. i just copyed what everyone else did and it was fine. most of my entries have been a backwards roll off a boat.

Ouch. It doesn't look like the dive is going to be much more fun.

Are these kind of entries taught in "advanced" classes?

Giant Stride

All I can say is, "wow!".
The one into The Pit on Dos Ojos property is just a little taller maybe, or seemed so at the time. I lied to my buddy and told them we did that height every time off of a NC boat - then went first. Looks like he is holding his head? Our guide told us to lean our heads forward a bit so we wouldn't hit our valves. My bud said I did a belly flop, but didn't notice.
I bet the ladder exit is a bitch.
First two of us left our kits floating and used a rope attached to the wall to help climb some kinda steps, then a pulley hung from a tree to pull the kits out one by one.

Fun dive. Sun rays hit a layer of Hydrogen Sulfide bacteria around 50 feet, glowing purplish. Mayan bones at 140 ft.

I've done them from that distance too in a quarry in Belgium.... in my double 12 :) You definitely need to modify your technique. You need to keep your legs together and hold you mask and regulator firmly in your mouth. I don't know how far I sunk into the water before going back up but all I have to say about that is be ready to start clearing your ears as soon as you hit the water... :)

R..

Back
Top Bottom