"Giant" Stride

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah, I didn't care for the snorkel idea.

Kinda leave hold your breath with full BC or step off with empty BC for a deeper hit but slow ascent - which is okay if no current or problems. I like to splash and return to surface quickly tho for a quick self check.

We did feet-first water entries in the Army (with life jackets, not scuba gear) from 40'. They taught us to pull down on the front of the jackets (and tilt our heads back) to avoid the jacket smacking us in the face on impact. BCs are normally more snug than those jackets, but dive gear has a lot more hard edges. I imagine if you do that sort of entry wrong in scuba gear, you could get seriously hurt.

We did feet-first water entries in the Army (with life jackets, not scuba gear) from 40'. They taught us to pull down on the front of the jackets (and tilt our heads back) to avoid the jacket smacking us in the face on impact. BCs are normally more snug than those jackets, but dive gear has a lot more hard edges. I imagine if you do that sort of entry wrong in scuba gear, you could get seriously hurt.
Yes well, BCs are certainly different fro PFDs. On my highest stride, I was cautioned to lean my head forward to avoid hitting the valve. I just was not cautioned to hold my breath until surfacing, which seems safer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom