Gift for new diver?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wukong:
Now that they are going to take up diving, I am thinking of giving them a gift, sort of like a welcoming gift into the world of diving..

Sea Cure Mouthpiece..the best thing since peanut butter. :) ( But don't try to eat the peanut butter with the mouth piece in. :winky: )

I'd make sure they have actually forked out the money for lessons before I go out and buy a bunch of diving gifts...Just a suggestion...

How about Log Books ? they are quite inexpensive and they can log their first diving experiences. they will always remeber you are the one who introduced them to diving.

I would say one of these.

I agree with Natasha is they own their gear - cost under $30

Second would be a good under water flashlight - cost under $30

Third would be a good fish or reef ID book - again under $30.

Finally, a safety sasuage and whistle/mirror kit - again under $30.

Buoyant1:
At any rate...the best gift? GIFT CERTIFICATE to the LDS! Any denomination will be appreciated TRUST ME! there's always something I can pick up from the shop.

Welcome to the fun!
This was my first thought!!!! :D

Uh, he did say not gear...
However, i am not looking at gears as i believe that only you yourself can choose the gear that fits comfortably and is to your own liking. Plus, I am looking at something inexpensive..
If the friend has not signed up for training and yet, and you want to spend this much money - a Discover Scuba experience would be neat.

If the friend has registered for training, it'd be pretty easy to spend money on something s/he seems to want even early on. I don't like gift certificates, tho. If I spend money on the gift, I want the recipient to remember who gave him/her the item which does not happen with certificates.

But for something personal yet cheap, show up at the Discover Scuba, Pool training or Check-out dives and takes pictures of the diver in the process. I took land and dive pics of a friend on her check-out dives - really pretty neat, but land shots will suffice.

Wukong, welcome to Scubaboard.com. Drop in on the Introductions forum and post one if you'd like so we can welcome you appropriately... :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom