Gilboa January 18th - 19th?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CincyBengalsFan once bubbled...

And soccer is not?

You do have to understand a little about football to truely enjoy.

My freaking Step Mother Met JOE MONTANA today. Autograph status currently unknown.
Just playing around...if you want to stay home and watch football that is ok with us.

Ahh heck I know. Football is confusing to someone that has know idea about a few plays and positions.

Is this quarry in a town called Gilboa or what?

CincyBengalsFan once bubbled...

Is this quarry in a town called Gilboa or what?

You darn tootin it is, and one other thing, if your driving and blink you'll miss the town.

As far as distance from Lexington, I think CK made it up in about 4 and a half hours last time he was there. OF course the big wuss stopped because he was hungry...probably stopped off for some dumplings at one of the many cracker carrels along the way

Big-t-2538 once bubbled...

You darn tootin it is, and one other thing, if your driving and blink you'll miss the town.

As far as distance from Lexington, I think CK made it up in about 4 and a half hours last time he was there. OF course the big wuss stopped because he was hungry...probably stopped off for some dumplings at one of the many cracker carrels along the way
Big-t is on to something...we should meet at a cracker barrel and eat while we are out there...I wanna see the dumplin pro at work.. Are you sure Ohio has restaurants though? Last time I drove through there I didn't see anything other than fields..

Am I missing something here? Are you all actually planning on coming from all over the country to dive in a quarry? Why don't you come to Florida instead?

Tom

O-ring once bubbled...

Big-t is on to something...we should meet at a cracker barrel and eat while we are out there...I wanna see the dumplin pro at work.. Are you sure Ohio has restaurants though? Last time I drove through there I didn't see anything other than fields..

I know there are a good number of places in OH that aren't much of anything other than fields...but we do have some civilization....and believe me there are plenty of crakcer barrels around, (I live within walking distance of one...and I'm pretty damn lazy)

As for the dumpling pro....I don't know if I want to be too close when he sees those things come out...he's a pretty big guy and if he starts moving in the direction of dumplings, I'm gettin the hell out da way....

A. J. Shark once bubbled...

do you guys really need a chaperone??!!??
- Cupcake

Duh...what kind of question is that? You know CK can't do something without the helping hand of his side-kick cupcake...you guys are a team...you probably love dumplings too!!!

As for committing to the date, I'm going to try to make it up there, but I don't think anyone's going to be able to convince me to dive...I'm just there for the festivities

4 1/2 hours to Gilboa from Lexington. You can get to Knoxville in under three and dive multiple quarries per day.

WreckWriter once bubbled...
Am I missing something here? Are you all actually planning on coming from all over the country to dive in a quarry? Why don't you come to Florida instead?

Tom
How far are you guys from FL??...Gilboa is going to be 8 hours for me and I could just as easily fly to FL I guess...that would be a hell of a drive...like double the Gilboa drive and then I would have to rent gear... Plus we get to dive with Ferrara and watch him assault other instructors at the quarry...you can't beat that with a kentucky hickory stick..

Tom, you aren't scared of the cold, dark water in the quarry are you? Are you getting soft living in the balmy sunshine state?

o2 clean once bubbled...
What airport will be near this area?

But it is more for crop-dusting...Toledo and cleveland are both pretty close...(not sure on the time)...dayton is an hour and a half.

WreckWriter once bubbled... Am I missing something here? Are you all actually planning on coming from all over the country to dive in a quarry? Why don't you come to Florida instead?

Yup...nothin like a little quarry divin to get people excited...it makes those treks to FLA so much more enjoyable

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom